openmpt tracking in wingdings demo

Started by goluigi, March 08, 2015, 00:54:23

Previous topic - Next topic

goluigi

hey guys i'm goluigi/gloggy/golgi and i haven't really posted much here but i think this would fit here wow

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9sd4rPtaj0 this is a video of me tracking a song for a one hour competition using the wingdings font in openmpt as a challenge, it's not my best work but it turned out pretty well overall

thanks saga musix for adding a custom font feature to openmpt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :D :D :D :D :D
wtf wow

FreezeFlame(Alchemy)

Blue Flames of the Night.

Was known as Alchemy before(with an Dialga picture).

apple-joe

Very interesting to see how others go about it like that. I've only watched 10 minutes so far, but I'm gonna watch the rest later. Creating the melody first - that might be an idea. I have for some reason, as far as I recall, never tried it before. Just such a change may be enough to improve a little. I have a bad habit of first creating a chord progression and then fiddling around with melodies, without ending up with anything satisfactory. Doing the melody first is perhaps also a nice way of freeing yourself from rigid tendencies, since the melody won't be indirectly dictated by the chords. We'll see what happens first, me trying this or watching the rest of the clip.