Stupid game, nice music
0 (0%)
Crap music, nice game
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Voting closed: May 03, 2006, 13:45:12

georg

lo everyone.

As you may or may not know, Nifflas is a kinda universal artist. Or at least universally talented 'cos aside making very nice music he also likes to draw nice pictures and code phunky games. He also digs time-travelling and teaching bunnies to play keyboards but that's just way off-topic.

Topic is: Within a Deep Forest.

The brand-spanking-new game Nifflas was working on for about 10 months. It's deceptivly simple in design but immensly clever and imaginative. The soundtrack is simply awesome: xTr1m, Gopher, d fast, Doragon, Alterfish Gravity, LPChip, metasonix, Decibelter, Ceekayed, Cdnalsi, troupe and xerxes made music for it  :D  with Atlantis in charge of final mastering. I'm like WOW already.

Click on the links below like good boys and girls and check it out.

http://withinadeepforest.ni2.se
http://ni2.se/
I'll never make sword-chucks...
Update - 2013 I still havent made sword-chuks.
Update - 2021 What the hell are sword-chuks? :((

speed-goddamn-focus

I hope this game doesn't have the same creepy tutorial narrator like in #mas2... Couldn't sleep for weeks after that.

LPChip

I can only say that this game is awesome. Despite from the wonderfull music, the gameplay is a must!

However, there are a few puzzles in this game. Be ready for a good challenge. I've finished this game in about 5 hours, and its really worth the time. Alot of variation, but also a tremendous story in combination with the games evolvement.

Thumbs Up!
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

rewbs

georg

Quote from: "speed-goddamn-focus"I hope this game doesn't have the same creepy tutorial narrator like in #mas2... Couldn't sleep for weeks after that.

You're just damn jealous of my natural vocal talents.  :?  wanker...

speed-goddamn-focus

That's right! Now I played it for a while and I'm kind of stuck, but it rocks anyway!

LPChip

Quote from: "speed-goddamn-focus"That's right! Now I played it for a while and I'm kind of stuck, but it rocks anyway!

I can only give you a small hint (to not spoil the game) which I discovered near the end of the game :P

Near the beginning, there's a place where a light hangs out of the wall. Below that is a door (you move left to enter it)

This place is a little advice center. You get some small tips that might help you come further in the game. For the rest, you're on your own. I'd say experiment with your environment.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

DavidN

I recognize this! Actually it's in the queue to be accepted at the Daily Click, so I'd better get on with it. Weird how the Internet communities I visit are beginning to combine with each other.

georg

Quote from: "Wong"I recognize this! Actually it's in the queue to be accepted at the Daily Click, so I'd better get on with it. Weird how the Internet communities I visit are beginning to combine with each other.

The power of SPAM can not be denied.

Louigi Verona

awesome game and I'm happy I now have lots of playing time ahead!

rewbs

I somehow managed to bounce up those platform that the dude tells you to come back to later cos it's so hard. :D
But the bits after that are really hard. :(
Really cool game though. My only criticism so far is that some of the characters are a bit too talkative and I don't have the patience to read everything they say. Also sometimes their bubbles obscure too much of the screen at inconvenient times.

yrk

Cool game! Feels kinda retro - I like it... Good atmosphere too...
while (1) { fork(); }

georg

Quote from: "rewbs"I somehow managed to bounce up those platform that the dude tells you to come back to later cos it's so hard. :D
But the bits after that are really hard. :(
Really cool game though. My only criticism so far is that some of the characters are a bit too talkative and I don't have the patience to read everything they say. Also sometimes their bubbles obscure too much of the screen at inconvenient times.

remember that talkative guy who blurbs something about lasers?

georg

georg