midi problem (keystation 49es)

Started by inemuri1985, December 04, 2014, 12:21:48

Previous topic - Next topic

inemuri1985

hello there
i am having problems getting an m-audio keystation 49es working for midi. i followed instructions here:

http://wiki.openmpt.org/Manual:_MIDI_Reference#Enabling_MIDI_Input

but the midi record icon turns off automatically, and open mpt does not respond to midi messages.. using the computer keyboard for notes work as normal.

Saga Musix

If it turns off automatically, that means that OpenMPT was unable to open the MIDI driver. This can happen if it is for example already used by a different application. Make sure that OpenMPT is the only application using the MIDI device.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

inemuri1985

is there a normal problem that some midi device shuts off the other? i have shut off midi from other daws..

i am on windows 7. do you know where i should look for midi options? cant seem to find it.

Saga Musix

Quote from: inemuri1985 on December 07, 2014, 13:23:26
is there a normal problem that some midi device shuts off the other?
Not devices... programs. Yes, it is normal that MIDI drivers only allow one program to "talk" to them at the same time.

Quote from: inemuri1985 on December 07, 2014, 13:23:26i am on windows 7. do you know where i should look for midi options? cant seem to find it.
There is no such thing. You'll have to find any application that might be using MIDI I/O and close it.
Does this problem also occur when using OpenMPT right after starting Windows, i.e. without having other applications running?
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

inemuri1985

thanks. i get it. i will check after restart.

inemuri1985

yes, restarting did the job. thanks again  :D