OpenMPT 1.24 releases

Started by Saga Musix, December 13, 2014, 23:44:14

Previous topic - Next topic

FreezeFlame(Alchemy)

Its fixed in 1.24.00.23. Thanks :).
And sorry to have bothered you about this little issue, Saga.
Its hard describing every detail without missing something in the end.
Blue Flames of the Night.

Was known as Alchemy before(with an Dialga picture).

Saga Musix

» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Diamond

I noticed that although it was not in the list of changes, the note in the current row is now displayed in the status bar.  Thanks for this.

.^o

Saga Musix

Here's a small new release, mostly containing bugfixes but also some new features and improvements with regards to DPI-awareness. The biggest improvement here is that you can now zoom the built-in pattern fonts, or even use your own system fonts for pattern drawing! I bet you always wanted to track music in Comic Sans or Wingdings...

Download and more information: https://openmpt.org/openmpt-1-24-02-00-released
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

LPChip

Oh, thats awesome, so now I can actually zoom out more by using a smaller font! cool! :D I bet I can now fit 128 rows on a single screen (big resolution here, and I can already fit about 96 rows on a screen).

YAY!

EDIT: OMG, OpenMPT looks really sexy with Small Fonts, 6 or 7. And with Small Fonts,5 I can actually have 128 rows on the screen at all times! :D this is so awesome!
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Saga Musix

I have to add that finding suitable tiny fonts that render well is difficult though; I recommend searching for programming- or terminal-oriented fonts such as ProFont, these tend to work quite well.

LPChip

Small Fonts does work pretty well on 5 or higher, though 5 is on the edge. I have some good small fonts too. Will try those too.

The only thing that is still somewhat wrong, is that it doesn't change the row numbers, so they kind of get "stretched out", aka not fitting in their small boxes.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Saga Musix

Well, the row numbers keep using the system font like everything else. I suppose I could scale them if a custom font is used...

LPChip

Yeah.

Also, Good Times surprisingly works well with font size 6, giving me 128 rows and still very readable text.

Terminal,6 also works really well. Maybe even better than Good Times, though the points are thicker and looks less good.

goluigi

haha i had some fun changing the fonts around for a bit but honestly i like the openmpt default small font the best out of them, most of the other fonts seem to stretch out and they aren't very well suited to tracker editing

fun feature though !
wtf wow

Saga Musix

Yeah, the "problem" is that the built-in fonts are heavily space-optimized. The tracker has knowledge about the width of every letter in those fonts so the font tiles can overlap without occluding parts of the letters. With generic fonts, this is of course not possible, since they could have any shape. However, this feature was mostly implemented with High-DPI devices in mind, i.e. devices where you need a bigger font to read the patterns properly, in which case the bit of extra space is most likely not all that important anymore. And of course the people who always complained that OpenMPT's font is too small for them to read.

Harbinger

Woo-hoo! :D   The ability to use fonts is a BIG step towards a more customizable GUI, so I applaud the answer to this long-standing FR. Can't wait to try it out.

Some big strides are being made towards fixes and new features. Some time soon we can focus on batch functions such as a Pattern Manager, a better Channel Manager, an Instrument Setup dialog, and a more thorough Find&Replace.

Keep on chuggin'!

arseniiv

Yesyesyes! :D Saga, it's great!

I made a font in FontStruct: http://fontstruct.com/fontstructions/show/atrackr_12. Maybe someone's looking for a size like 12, use freely!

[A few minutes later.] I found out chars like '`' or '*' if used in note names (e. g. 'C*') of a custom tuning still map to space in pattern editor, although a custom font contains them. Could you fix this in the next release?

Marvellous changes anyway.
Feel free to correct my English.
Music & sounds: [Freesound] [SoundCloud] [Direct links to music]

Saga Musix

I'm afraid that any letter custom tunings use must be present in the original font bitmap, so there's no easy way to include arbitrary letters.