Get back all plugins list from older version

Started by RG (aka AUDIOMONSTER), November 01, 2014, 17:44:27

Previous topic - Next topic

RG (aka AUDIOMONSTER)

Hi, for various reasons, I keep older versions of Open MPT installed when installing new ones.

I just installed the latest version (portable, of course, instead of registry change), and I was wondering if it is possible to get back the entire plugins list from another version.

Indeed, all my plugins are dispatched at various places of my computers (I know, I know, it's bad), so I can't scan for them at once.

Is there a file to copy/paste, lke "plugins.cache" or something ?

Saga Musix

Quote from: RG on November 01, 2014, 17:44:27
portable, of course, instead of registry change
OpenMPT never makes use of the registry. The only difference between portable and non-portable mode is that the file you are looking for (mptrack.ini) is placed in %APPDATA%\OpenMPT in non-portable mode and in the same directory as mptrack.exe when using portable mode. The only registry changes are done by the installer itself, to register OpenMPT as a known program in Windows.
So, either you copy your old mptrack.ini and Keybindings.mkb to the new location, or you copy it right to %APPDATA%\OpenMPT instead and delete the mptrack.ini in the new installation's folder.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

RG (aka AUDIOMONSTER)