help, im extremely lazy.

Started by sso, October 23, 2014, 20:08:06

Previous topic - Next topic

sso

Is there a command that stops all hanging vsti and voices.

Or just halts everything like that panic button does? :o

LPChip

OpenMPT has a close button... :P

But in all seriousness... There's a button in the tool bar (last icon just before the VU Meter) that does exactly this.

It says if you hover the mouse over it: "Stop all hanging VSTi's and sample voices".
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Saga Musix

I'm pretty sure that's what sso was referring to when writing "panic button". In case you want the same thing as a pattern command, I'm afraid you will have to plaster your patterns with note-off commands on every channel that might still have some voice running.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

sso

Yes, i all ready do that. Thanks anyways guys.

sso

Isnt that still a pretty cool pattern command to have?

Being able to stop all sound , including echo, delay and reverb?

"Stop all hanging VSTi's and sample voices".

It´d be a pretty cool effect.
I notice sometimes when i press that button playing the music. Makes for a nice break before the next part. (stops all, some single instrument comes in briefly, then the rest. )

And if you could do this also for a single channel. Then you could use very heavy reverb and completely stop it right after or where you want.  (or something like that.)

Saga Musix

What the panic button does (stopping and restarting VST plugins) is not a feature of the VST SDK that was ever meant to be used in tracks, and you will find hundreds of plugins that will even completely ignore it, among them several reverb plugins. If you suddenly want your reverb to disappear in a track, set its dry/wet ratio so that it's no longer being applied to the mix, that's a much better solution.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

sso