[OT] Speculate next Age

Started by LPChip, May 02, 2006, 07:50:57

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt Hartman

Sam Z, please elaborate what you mean by "electric"?

For instance, is this a literal term or some kind of signal word?
Yeah, sure. Right. Whatever.

LPChip

Quote from: "Matt Hartman"Sam Z, please elaborate what you mean by "electric"?

For instance, is this a literal term or some kind of signal word?

I think he referres to the fact that most things that are being made has somekind of electric cirquitry (spell error?)
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

speed-goddamn-focus

Quote from: "LPChip"(spell error?)
(yes)

speed-goddamn-focus

Quote from: "Matt Hartman"If you have a hard time with that one, read the Bible (if that's your thing).
Moses was like 500 years old before he died, or something like that. That was only 2500 years ago.  :?:
Yoda was 900 years old before he died. ;)

rewbs

Quote from: "speed-goddamn-focus"
Quote from: "Matt Hartman"If you have a hard time with that one, read the Bible (if that's your thing).
Moses was like 500 years old before he died, or something like that. That was only 2500 years ago.  :?:
Yoda was 900 years old before he died. ;)
I see a great future for the Yoda Diet.

Sam_Zen

2 Matt Hartman
More than literally. I place it in the line of 'the stone age', or 'the bronze age'.
I see electricity as a new kind of 'material' to humans, coming up around 1900, to 'make' things.
To bend the material to a blue LED, or a wireless communication-tool.

2 speed-goddamn-focus
Yoda died in the meantime ? Are you sure ? Jeez, I didn't know that. What a blow..

speed-goddamn-focus

Quote from: "Sam_Zen"2 Matt Hartman
More than literally. I place it in the line of 'the stone age', or 'the bronze age'.
I see electricity as a new kind of 'material' to humans, coming up around 1900, to 'make' things.
To bend the material to a blue LED, or a wireless communication-tool.

2 speed-goddamn-focus
Yoda died in the meantime ? Are you sure ? Jeez, I didn't know that. What a blow..
He dies of old age in Episode VI: Return of the Jedi.

Matt Hartman

Pressess bright saturated flashing red button labeled:

*REALITY CHECK*

::)
Yeah, sure. Right. Whatever.

yrk

I don't know if I'd call it an "age" as such but I do think we're moving from "information society" to "attention society"...

We have just about every concievable piece of information available to us, only a few mouse clicks away but we're rapidly getting to the point (or have been there for some time) where the limiting factor is not avabilability but simply our time and attention. The most valuable skill an internet user has these days, is the ability to focus his attention and filter out junk...

Also, we see more and more companies involving their customers in the design of their products because that's the only way they can get their customer's attention...

I guess you could argue that the most precious commodity in the (near) future will be cunsumer attention...

If we're moving further out in the future, I like the idea of an "enlightened age" where the world will "come to its senses" so to speak but I'm not sure I believe that it will happen...

I wonder how religous fundamentalism (be it on the eastern or western hemisphere) will affect the wolrd in the years to come...
while (1) { fork(); }