(oftopic) An broken bug in Windows 7.

Started by FreezeFlame(Alchemy), October 16, 2014, 17:33:07

Previous topic - Next topic

FreezeFlame(Alchemy)

Have you heard about the infamous data compression in Windows 7, that basicaly ruins you're computer after you reboot it and find youreself seeing the message:

QuoteBOOTMGR is compressed.
Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart

Curse you,Microsoft! In Windows XP, data cmpression works fine without this acursed bug.

Is there any hope in fixing this problem, since i don't have an Recovery disk for this (i do have one for XP, but it woudn't work)?

Sorry if i have to post m troubles in this forum, but there is no other way.
Blue Flames of the Night.

Was known as Alchemy before(with an Dialga picture).

Saga Musix

Quote from: FreezeFlame(Alchemy) on October 16, 2014, 17:33:07
Sorry if i have to post m troubles in this forum, but there is no other way.
Because the OpenMPT forum is the only forum on the entire internet where you could find the solution?

Just copying that error message into your favourite search engine will give you plenty of hints to choose from, e.g. this one that shows how can create a recovery CD e.g. on a friend's PC which also runs Windows 7.

Other suggestions include running a Linux live CD with gparted on it, since it can remove the drive compression.

How do I all know this? Well, I used a search engine. You should try it too. ;)
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

FreezeFlame(Alchemy)

QuoteBecause the OpenMPT forum is the only forum on the entire internet where you could find the solution?
Well,...no. But it is if i search for an alternative that is nowhere to be found.

And i do have searched awhile, and almost all of the requires the Windows 7 Recovery disk (or te Vista one), with me having neither. It just sucks :(.

QuoteOther suggestions include running a Linux live CD with gparted on it, since it can remove the drive compression.
I'll try you're sugesstion (since that is so far my only choise).

Mr.Eagle

You can download various Windows versions for free and legally:
http://www.techverse.net/download-windows-7-iso-x86-x64-microsofts-official-servers/

You can't activate them without a valid licence, of course. But one of them should be useful to solve your problem.

Quote from: Saga Musix on October 16, 2014, 18:21:24
How do I all know this? Well, I used a search engine.

Uhm...yep. Me too. ;D
http://bit.ly/1xWea53
sorry for my bad English

FreezeFlame(Alchemy)

To Saga Musix:
Saga, do you mind posting an link to that wepside where you found that suggestion about gparted?
There is an little issue im having (that is that there is no option for removing the disk compression, even when i booted it and with everything set).

To Mr. Eagle:
Nice find Mr. Eagle.
And even legal and free, i might add :D.
I'll look up on WinRE :).

FreezeFlame(Alchemy)

I fixed the problem with an Windows 7 Instalation disk i borrowed.
It works finaly properly.