5.1 export ?

Started by RG (aka AUDIOMONSTER), October 16, 2014, 12:19:56

Previous topic - Next topic

RG (aka AUDIOMONSTER)

Hi there,

Had this coming to my mind when composing for a film : is there a way, in OpenMPT, to do some 5.1 audio export, like in Pro Tools ?

Cheers

Saga Musix

OpenMPT only has Quad Surround (4.0) support, and that's not very well supported either (for instance plugins are always mixed in stereo). If you actually have a surround arrangement that you want to export in Surround, I'm sure it's easy to upmix 4.0 to 5.1 using some software, though.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

RG (aka AUDIOMONSTER)

Thanks. Yes, indeed, maybe I meant sort of 5.1 upscaling/saving. I'll check if there are some plugins to do that from a stereo wavefile.

Saga Musix

I don't think there are any "magic" tools that would do this automatically for you (how should they do it?). If you want to rearrange your song in a 5.1 spectrum, I'd suggest using per-instrument WAV export, and then rearrange the single instruments in the surround space. This might be the easiest solution with also the greatest level of control.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

RG (aka AUDIOMONSTER)

I was not talking of "automatic mixing", just a way of saving format automatically dipatching original stereo left and right tracks to all others, just for delivery matters...

RG (aka AUDIOMONSTER)