How can i Group Tracks?

Started by SELF, October 12, 2014, 05:26:37

Previous topic - Next topic

SELF

Hi,

I would like to mix some sounds together on a track.

How can i do this?

FreezeFlame(Alchemy)

If you mean with tracks Channels, then you can name them in General.

But if you mean with tracks naming you're songs, then you have to save then one by one somewhere, so that the name of the song is shown in the tree view.
Blue Flames of the Night.

Was known as Alchemy before(with an Dialga picture).

Saga Musix

There is no channel grouping functionality, but you can apply the same plugin chain to several channels, if that's what you want to achieve by "mixing". It would be helpful if you could elaborate on what you actually want to do.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

SELF

Quote from: Saga Musix on October 12, 2014, 12:58:49
There is no channel grouping functionality, but you can apply the same plugin chain to several channels, if that's what you want to achieve by "mixing". It would be helpful if you could elaborate on what you actually want to do.

Hi,

Thank you

Yes i would like to compress some drums and pads in the same drum buss.

Does applying the same plugin chain mean, the same plugin chain, or a duplicate of the plugin chain?

If i can route drums that have eq s and compressors FX, to 1 single Compressor, with a pad that had effects FX on it, this would be what i mean with my question.

Saga Musix

OpenMPT does not automatically duplicate plugins or anything, so if you route two things into e.g. FX01, both end up being mixed into the same plugin. So in your scenario, you can either apply the same plugin to all channels, or you select that plugin as the output plugin for your instruments in the Instrument Tab. Both will lead to the same result.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

SELF

Quote from: Saga Musix on October 12, 2014, 18:46:57
OpenMPT does not automatically duplicate plugins or anything, so if you route two things into e.g. FX01, both end up being mixed into the same plugin. So in your scenario, you can either apply the same plugin to all channels, or you select that plugin as the output plugin for your instruments in the Instrument Tab. Both will lead to the same result.

Ok, Thank you

So can i have an EQ on Bass Drum, a Reverb on Snare, and then Combine the EQ'd BD and Reverbe'd Snare to Compress both one track?

herodotas

I think we need "true mixer" option in .mptm
life is darker than it seems

Saga Musix

SELF: Yep, that would work, just route the bass drum into an EQ and the snare into a reverb, then set the output plugin of those two plugins to the compressor plugin.

herodotas: What the hell is a "true" mixer? I agree that OpenMPT needs a modular plugin routing system at one point, but it can already do plenty of things with its mixer as it is now.

herodotas

mixer like HW or others DAW, sends, track groupings etc.

And yes routing like in buzz would be fantastic  ;D 
life is darker than it seems

SELF

Quote from: Saga Musix on October 12, 2014, 21:36:37
SELF: Yep, that would work, just route the bass drum into an EQ and the snare into a reverb, then set the output plugin of those two plugins to the compressor plugin.

herodotas: What the hell is a "true" mixer? I agree that OpenMPT needs a modular plugin routing system at one point, but it can already do plenty of things with its mixer as it is now.

Ok Great, Thank you