IRC chat...

Started by (>o_o)>, April 27, 2006, 00:28:38

Previous topic - Next topic

(>o_o)>

Does this site still have an IRC chat room? I remember there used to be one on Dalnet or something...I went in there the other day and it seems dead now.
Welcome to the internet. The internet is a game. The object is to piss off as many people as possible. Only those who kiss ass and become moderators win. Enjoy your stay.

speed-goddamn-focus

there's one on espernet and one on efnet. both are pretty dead.

Snu

they wouldnt be dead if more people hung out there! but alas, there dont seem to be many modpluggers who are irc addicts aside from miko, georg, and i.

Randilyn

[deleted]

georg

Quote from: "Siloh"And me.  I'll come back. ^-^

A link for those who like to click on shiney things: irc://irc.efnet.net/#modplug

See? Shiney.

- randi

Shiny like a penny i pulled from my ear 11 years ago. Then dropped in a glass of coke overnight.

Also visit: irc://irc.esper.net/#modarchive
I'll never make sword-chucks...
Update - 2013 I still havent made sword-chuks.
Update - 2021 What the hell are sword-chuks? :((

Squirrel Havoc

I went onto the efnet chat room, and everyone had been idle at least an hour. Why do non-ops let their client just sit there?
Anyone can do anything if they have nothing else to do
-
Most musicians are talented. I'm just determined.

Snu

Quote from: "Squirrel Havoc"I went onto the efnet chat room, and everyone had been idle at least an hour. Why do non-ops let their client just sit there?
see, ya gotta be patient with irc, and staying a whole minute doesnt count as patience. :p
what does being an op have to do with leaving your client online or not? there are several reasons for letting your client sit there, keeping your nick is one. or in my case i have a bnc (sortof a bot that i connect to, and its always on there).  people can leave messages for you.
also, if you have the comp always on, its nice to be able to just jump in on a convo and not have to worry about asking what everyone was talking about.
and finaly, its sortof an irc addict pride to have an always on client...

georg

Don't force it. It's very bad to have useless giberish flyin round instead of an intelligent conversation between regular visitors. And that will come if enough visitors come. And visitors will come and chat if there's a reason to do so, like content or happenings.

I hope that the IRC channel gets a bigger role when the site gets revamped. Usefull things would be helpfull and knowledgeable staff/members, contests like a weekly bi-weekly OHC, channel stats, a photo gallery, etc. I'll have a word with m0d and Christofori about this as they are doing a similar thing for Modarchive.

I have nothing againts weird/silly/unconstructive/bs conversations but i'd rather that they were a side-attraction than the main course. And don't forget that chat is just a friendly kind of time waisting and folks have other things to do. Keep visiting.

(>o_o)>

QuoteI have nothing againts weird/silly/unconstructive/bs conversations but i'd rather that they were a side-attraction than the main course.

Probably because you start most of them, borg...I mean, georg :)
Welcome to the internet. The internet is a game. The object is to piss off as many people as possible. Only those who kiss ass and become moderators win. Enjoy your stay.

georg

Quote from: "(>o_o)>"
QuoteI have nothing againts weird/silly/unconstructive/bs conversations but i'd rather that they were a side-attraction than the main course.

Why i'm insulted! Prepare to be absorbed, resistance is futile.

LPChip

Quote from: "georg"
Quote from: "(>o_o)>"

Why i'm insulted! Prepare to be absorbed, resistance is futile.

Engaging absorbing activities is insufficient. Assimilation is more efficient.

Or as a vulcan would say: It is unlogical to absorb.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

rewbs

Quote from: "LPChip"Or as a vulcan would say: It is unlogical to absorb.
Must be a Dutch vulcan then.

LPChip

Quote from: "rewbs"
Quote from: "LPChip"Or as a vulcan would say: It is unlogical to absorb.
Must be a Dutch vulcan then.

What makes you say that?
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

rewbs

I didn't think "unlogical" was a correct English word, but perhaps I was wrong.

LPChip

Quote from: "rewbs"I didn't think "unlogical" was a correct English word, but perhaps I was wrong.

Could be. I was doubting between illogical and unlogical :P