Interval between pattern rows

Started by egochnpp, April 14, 2014, 11:13:02

Previous topic - Next topic

egochnpp

Hello to all.
I'm beginner in track music, and I want to create a simly track with one repeated sample.
But there is a problem.  To increase/decrease time interval between rows in the pattern I use the buttons "Expand pattern" and "Shrink pattern". But the interval they make is too big or too small.
Can I choose the exact value of time interval between rows? I cannot find this parameter in the program settings.

Saga Musix

You can use "expand pattern" or grow selection" from the context menu, but both yes, both options will always double the number of rows (i.e. insert one empty row between each two rows). If you have an existing melody, you will have to do this manually. Using the Insert key to insert empty rows inbetween might be the easiest way in that case. If you want to record a new melody, changing the "Edit Step" to the desired value will also help.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

egochnpp

"Edit step" adds to big interval. I want to change default time interval between rows. Is it possible?

Saga Musix

If you need intervals that are shorter than one row, you either have to
- increase the tempo so that rows become shorter
- Use note delay effects (SDx command in S3M/IT/MPTM, EDx in MOD/XM) to place notes "between" the rows - this is all manual work, though.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

egochnpp

Thanks, I will trying the tempo settings.