Plugin Bridge - Alpha Testing Required

Started by Saga Musix, March 17, 2014, 03:51:11

Previous topic - Next topic

Saga Musix

I tries Kx Polymod x64 and it doesn't hang or crash here. I doubt your problems are bridge-related. In particular because the bridge is supposed to isolate OpenMPT from this kind of issue. If the bridged plugin was unloaded successfully without hanging, then it cannot be responsible for OpenMPT later hanging during shutdown. By far the most common source of this kind of problem are sound drivers.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

herodotas

Kx Polymod works fine in OpenMpt. Just after loading Kx or other syntedit made synth and closing openMpt, in task manager OpenMpt process not ending. I use Tascam US - 122 mk II card and dont have notable audio driver issues yet.
life is darker than it seems

herodotas

life is darker than it seems

Saga Musix

The crash appears to originate from C:\Program Files (x86)\Image-Line\Shared\QuickFontCache_x64.dll which means that
1) It's not in our own code (some Image-Line plugin?)
2) The plugin was not inside the plugin bridge - the crash dump comes from the main OpenMPT process.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

eatme

OpenMPT 1.29.00.31-r12125 64 bit TEST UNICODE

While playing with MauSynth on the MIDI keyboard and then composing a pattern of 8 notes on 16 lines in 1 channel with the computer keyboard, then playing the pattern.

The latency was 20 ms and no crackling occured, for as long as it lasted.

Saga Musix

Okay, one last time - if the plugin window doesn't say "32-bit bridged" or "64-bit bridged", you are not using the plugin bridge and should thus not post your issue in this thread!

In your crash dump, MauSynth is loaded directly into OpenMPT, not into the plugin bridge. If a crash appears without using the plugin bridge, it should be reported as a regular bug (like you just did).

eatme

OpenMPT 1.29.00.31 testbuild

song, 3 channels, each channel routed to a VST,
1 big sample in an instrument,
various routing options on the VST lanes.

tested plugins, bridged:

SupaPhaser (32 bit)
VFlanger (32 bit)
TapeStop (32 bit)
OtiumFX BassLane (32 bit)
MJRotoDelay (32 bit)
XChorus (32 bit)
Freeverb2 (32 bit)
FreeverbToo (32 bit)
BassChorus_V22 (32 bit)
TDR Kotelnikov (32 bit)
BeyerDynamic Virtual Studio (32 bit)

Unbridged plugin tested:

DBlue Glitch2 (64 bit, unbridged)

No crashes so far.

I did crash Mausynth and Synth1 just on note play in the OpenMPT pattern editor.

Both plugins are 64 bit, so I guess there is no bridge issue.

Both gave an error c00000000005, and they were disabled by OpenMPT.
Also, I got Mausynth to crash twice on pushing play and pause on a small pattern.
The Mausynth plugin gave an infinite buffer repeat sound. I could close OpenMPT thereafter.
The crash was not easily one-step to reproduce, and I filed a bug report twice because I could not add the new crash dump to the old bug report.
I also tested the KORG Mono/Poly on play and pause. That seemed to work.

Saga Musix

If OpenMPT bypasses the plugin then it didn't crash (yet). This is a known bug of the 64-bit version of Synth1 (I reported it to the plugin author some years ago but there have been no updates since). For this reason you must use the 64-bit version of Synth1 through the plugin bridge (make sure the appropriate checkbox is checked in the plugin manager) - the plugin bridge doesn't use the same security features as OpenMPT itself, so that issue doesn't happen there.
If MauSynth exposes similar behaviour (I couldn't see OpenMPT bypassing it after giving it a quick test), you might have to bridge it as well. Some plugins simply are buggy and there is nothing we can do about it.