Weird Book

Started by Really Weird Person, April 21, 2006, 12:20:28

Previous topic - Next topic

Really Weird Person

What is the weirdest book that any of you have ever read? I am reading a really weird 1 right now called Ghosts of Fear Street: Spell of the Screaming Jokers. I am on chapter 7, if I am not mistaken. That is out of, if I am not mistaken, 28. Anyway, it is about this group of people who go to a sick person named Max's house & play a game of cards. Frankie fans his hand & drops his cards. Everyone notices something really weird, odd, wodd, odd, weird (the book does not use that phrase) about 1 of the cards. It is a joker. However, it is no ordinary joker. It is a live 1! so the next day, they go to Max's house again, but Frankie gets stopped by a joker (they do not know that is what it is, though). The next thing they know, Frankie has a club on his arm. Then they go to school the next day, & Frankie is found lying on the floor with a ladder on top of him. The people also notice something strange, he not only has a club on his arm, but also a diamond! I am not too much further than that, though. I did, however, read the back cover. It talked about how the jokers will attack & put a card suit on your arm. 1st a club, then a diamond, then a heart, & finally the spade. It is a weird book. Like I said before though, I have not finished it yet, but I think that you (meaning any or all of you) should read it sometime.

georg

I don't think i've ever read a "weird" book in my life. Maybe a little weird but that's not weird enough to qualify. Many books are a little weird.
I'll never make sword-chucks...
Update - 2013 I still havent made sword-chuks.
Update - 2021 What the hell are sword-chuks? :((

DavidN

I have a book called "Do-It-Yourself Brain Surgery and Other Home Skills", which contains guides on home cloning, building an ocean liner and a complete kamikaze course.

Squirrel Havoc

Bo-----ok? What are those? Like some fancy french brook? Or a breakfast nook?
Anyone can do anything if they have nothing else to do
-
Most musicians are talented. I'm just determined.

georg

Quote from: "Squirrel Havoc"Bo-----ok? What are those? Like some fancy french brook? Or a breakfast nook?

iLl1TeR@t3 $4VA9E!

Really Weird Person

What does iL|1TeR@t3 $4VA9E mean?

Squirrel Havoc

Quote from: "Really Weird Person"What does iL|1TeR@t3 $4VA9E mean?

That is what is called "l33t sp34k" (leet speak), and its all "teh" rage with the kids now a days. Translated to us lamers english, it means "Illiterate Savage".
-

georg

Quote from: "Squirrel Havoc"

That is what is called "l33t sp34k" (leet speak), and its all "teh" rage with the kids now a days. Translated to us lamers english, it means "Illiterate Savage".

it was a !joke cos leet speak is illiterate anyway so...u know i was being funny.

Squirrel Havoc

Quote from: "georg"
Quote from: "Squirrel Havoc"

it was a !joke cos leet speak is illiterate anyway so...u know i was being funny.

That reminds me, I found a song on a mod site called "l33t iz sh1t" that I thought was funny. Too bad the song sucked  ::)
-

rncekel

I have readen several weird books. One is "Flatland", by Edwin Abbott, about a two dimensional being (a square) that travels to a three dimensional world. I like this one very much.

Really Weird Person

That definitely sounds weird.

Randilyn

Quote from: "rncekel"I have readen several weird books. One is "Flatland", by Edwin Abbott, about a two dimensional being (a square) that travels to a three dimensional world. I like this one very much.
Square peg in 3-dimensional hole!