20 years Impulse Tracker - IT is going open-source

Started by Saga Musix, February 16, 2014, 17:03:33

Previous topic - Next topic

Saga Musix

» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

LPChip

"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

FreezeFlame(Alchemy)

Man, the icking of the cake would be if Impulse Tracker was for free legaly.
Still, cool that IT went open source.
Blue Flames of the Night.

Was known as Alchemy before(with an Dialga picture).

Saga Musix

Err, with the release of the stereo WAV writer and network driver code, you can practically build the only two personalized / paid-for components by yourself, making them free. And maybe Jeff even makes them available for those who don't have the appropriate tools, who knows?
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Saga Musix

FreezeFlame(Alchemy)

That was the best read since awhile :).
But still, can't believe that IT had so many impressive features (that about seeing how much time it took to make an music module, i have yet to see in current DAW software being done).

When is the next article going to get published on that wepside?

Saga Musix

FreezeFlame(Alchemy)

Impulse Tracker rocks 8)!
...and OpenMPT to ofcourse ;).