Ultimate Tracker Base

Started by spacedrone808, February 08, 2014, 22:24:41

Previous topic - Next topic

Saga Musix

Are you aware that FM (Frequency Modulation) is a very specific type of synthesis and not a general term for synthesized instruments? Tons of trackers in the database have FM specified as sound generator, but that is simply not true. For example, neither the NES nor the Gameboy have FM synthesis, so certainly neither NerdTracker nor Paragon's GB Tracker use FM synthesis for sound generation. "Synth" would be a more appropriate label, which you seem to use for a handful of other trackers.
On the other hand, OpenMPT does actually support FM synthesis so it would be nice if that could be added to its entry (together with the corrections posted on page 1 of this thread).

I also have to add that I find both the color scheme and the font to be rather hard to read.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

spacedrone808

Thanks for info.  I know what frequency modulation is. Maybe change for simple "synth" would be good enough.
Tons of trackers not even described appropriately. I'm working on it.

I'll take into account all correction regarding ModPlug, will fix errors in a while.

>I also have to add that I find both the color scheme and the font to be rather hard to read.
In terms of color scheme don't see any distractions. As for font - 100% agree, tried to be oldschool, but it looks like the font begging for replacement.

spacedrone808

Site is no more.
Description of what was happened in the yt channel topic.