Is OpenMPT Windows 8 compatible?

Started by Dutch Fuzz, January 13, 2014, 01:09:33

Previous topic - Next topic

Dutch Fuzz

For some reason I can't use my keyboard at all in the latest 2.22.07 version, is this a common issue? I am running windows 8.

Cheers Paul

Saga Musix

By that, do you mean MIDI or PC keyboard? I have no problems with both.
Please go through every step in the MIDI FAQ. So far, every time someone had a problem with MIDI in OpenMPT, they had the same problem in every other application as well (could be e.g. a driver issue).
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Dutch Fuzz

Hi, not MIDI but actual PC keyboard doesn't respond in sample menu or pattern editor. Tried to download a range of versions but no luck :(

Saga Musix

Does it respond anywhere else? Like, would Ctrl+N open a new song for you? Maybe there are some key definitions missing in your keyboard config for any reason, just go to the Keyboard tab in the options to verify that the shortcuts are set up as expected.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Dutch Fuzz

Just fixed it, for some reason it to import a key library cause it no keys at all programmed by default. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction :) I love this program and it was frustrating not being able to use it to its full potential.