How can i make an specific pattern replay funcion work?

Started by FreezeFlame(Alchemy), January 12, 2014, 21:26:49

Previous topic - Next topic

FreezeFlame(Alchemy)

Like the ones that playback backward till an specific row is reached and the one that allows after the B command (Position Jump) is reached and starts not in row 0 of the specified pattern,but 12.
Blue Flames of the Night.

Was known as Alchemy before(with an Dialga picture).

Saga Musix

I'm not sure what the question is... are you looking for the "break to row" (D in MOD/XM, C in IT/S3M) effect?
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

FreezeFlame(Alchemy)

Hold on abit. With ''Break to row'', is it possible to make the pattern play backward, or can it be activated seperate so that it only breaks to X row when the track starts looping in X position?

Saga Musix

You can make a pattern play backward by combining break to row with jump to pattern on the same row.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

LPChip

It is not at all possible to just play a pattern in reverse. What you are looking for requires lots of programming in the pattern and orderlist to make it seem like the pattern plays in reverse.

Every row should have the Dxx (MOD/XM) or Cxx (S3M/IT) effect and jump to one row up, and there should be a Bxx command on each row to jump to the same order (or what some people do is insert the same pattern in the orderlist.

You can do much more than just a reversed pattern playback effect though. Here's a good example:
YouTube: Strobe - Mothership FTW and
YouTube: Do it Patternstyle 2
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

FreezeFlame(Alchemy)

QuoteYou can do much more than just a reversed pattern playback effect though. Here's a good example:
YouTube: Strobe - Mothership FTW and
YouTube: Do it Patternstyle 2
Watched those, my jaw dropped. Haven't in my live saw something like that done with trackers. Its just plain awesome :).

Eventhoe it wasn't what i meanth(the animated art,the rest was), it do made me curious. Gonna try that out someday.

LPChip

It started as playing a pattern backwards, but got expanded to all kinds of animations. They all use the same principle, so I thought if you realize that you may understand what they do too (with the additionally information given here).
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

FreezeFlame(Alchemy)

I think i figured the code for this out.

Ps:Used Impulse Tracker 'C' ('Pattern Break') command.
01 is the Bass, 02 is an Lead.
ModPlug Tracker  IT
|C-302......|C-401......
|...........|C#401......
|...........|...........
|...........|D-401......
|...........|........C1F
|...........|...........
|...........|........C00
|...........|........C06
|...........|........C07
|...........|........C08
|...........|........C09
|...........|........C0A
|...........|........C0B
|...........|........C0C
|...........|........C0D
|...........|........C0E
|D#302......|........C0F
|...........|........C10
|...........|........C11
|...........|........C12
|...........|E-401...C13
|...........|........C14
|...........|E-401...C15
|...........|........C16
|...........|E-401...C17
|...........|........C18
|...........|C-401...C19
|...........|........C1A
|...........|C-401...C1B
|...........|........C1C
|...........|C-401...C1D
|...........|........C1E

Goes nicely backward till row 6. Then it restarts.

LPChip

Next thing you want to do is either add a Bxx command on all rows that have a Cxx command or have the same pattern the exact amount of Cxx -1 (because the first skips to the end on the same pattern) times in the orderlist. Otherwise you won't see it when the actual song plays.

For the Bxx command, you need to refer to the same order.