Exporting while playing the Song breaks OpenMPT

Started by I-S3-O, November 26, 2013, 07:00:42

Previous topic - Next topic

I-S3-O

I have a problem. I was playing the song while exporting it as a .wav file. When I did it turned the song off and the export lasted for only a split second. I thought that was weird so when I went to play the exported .wav, it didn't say anything. Now, the song is about 1 minute long, so it should have SOME sound. So, I went to see what happened to it by looking at the waveform in Audacity. I found the song was nothing but a line of silence.

What happened, and how can I fix it? I've already tried closing OpenMPT and reopening, but I get the same results. I've also tried exporting with a different song, and it worked.

Saga Musix

Does it happen everytime with that specific song?
QuoteI've also tried exporting with a different song, and it worked.
Since my crystal ball is broken and I can't see what the problem with your original song is, it would help a lot if you could upload it somewhere to have a look at.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

I-S3-O

It does. Let me see if I can upload the song for you, so you can see.

Question: how do you upload it? I've tried to attach it, but apparently it's too big.

Saga Musix

If you really have no option to use DropBox or a similar hoster, delete some samples from your song and zip it - The samples are most definitely not the reason why it doesn't work, and I'm not intersted in them, so nothing is lost if you simply delete them.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

I-S3-O

You're certain I won't mess up my song? Doesn't the instruments need the samples to be in the file?

Saga Musix

As I said, it's highly unlikely that the samples are the trigger for this problem. And instrumens don't care if they point to a sample, a plugin or nothing at all.

I-S3-O

...okay...here it is. I made a copy so I can keep my samples somewhere else, but the problem still persists in the copy as well.

FreezeFlame(Alchemy)

I reproduced the problem.

Added samples that have sound,replaced the plugin leftovers with Microsoft Wavetable sounds,and in lossless export got an 98b wav file with nothing.
Tried then with XMPlayer,and the results are decent.The whole song is Wave rendered(with the Wavetable sounds i included in the song),without any kind of silence present in the Wave Export of OpenMPT.

Im not an intense user of the IT format,but this seems to be some kind of bug.
Blue Flames of the Night.

Was known as Alchemy before(with an Dialga picture).

Saga Musix

For the time being, simply remove the separator pattern (+++) at the beginning of the sequence, it's not of much use there anyway. Or export starting from pattern 2, it doesn't make a difference.

I-S3-O

QuoteFor the time being, simply remove the separator pattern (+++) at the beginning of the sequence, it's not of much use there anyway. Or export starting from pattern 2, it doesn't make a difference.

Okay, I removed the separator pattern and the export worked. Thanks for the help!!

Problem Resolved

Quick question, could I ask how to make my file sizes smaller, or do I need to make another post for that? (Details given after initial question)

FreezeFlame(Alchemy)

QuoteQuick question, could I ask how to make my file sizes smaller, or do I need to make another post for that?
I actually made a topic about how to get small module sizes.

http://forum.openmpt.org/index.php?topic=5093.0

Saga Musix

That link was broken, so I replaced it. But yeah, if you want to know more, please either respond in that topic or make a new one.

FreezeFlame(Alchemy)

Thanks for replacing the link,but was it really broken in the start (it worked for me when my early post was made)?

Saga Musix

It was pointing to the reply page for this very thread, so yes it was broken.