Pattern editor error

Started by sameola, November 21, 2013, 00:12:55

Previous topic - Next topic

sameola

Hi.

I'm having a problem in the pattern editor where when i enter a note, The note enters, but it also performs the "ctrl right arrow" movement, (it moves to the next pattern but in the same position). Here's what it does. I move back to the pattern where i entered the note after i've entered it.

When i enter a note when there is only one pattern, it also performs the "ctrl end" movement, (it moves to the bottom of the pattern). 

It's performing these movements simultaneously when all I am doing is entering notes into the pattern editor. It only happens when i enter notes, not effects or instrument or volume changes.

I have no idea how it started or why it's doing it but it's a pain in the arse! I tried restarting my computer and uninstalling & reinstalling openMPT but the problem persists.

Any help would be appreciated. Maybe a way to completely reset all the OpenMPT settings or something.

Thanks!

Saga Musix

It sounds like you have accidentally set the Row Spacing to 64 (assuming a pattern length of 64). Setting it back to 0 should stop the cursor from moving automatically.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

sameola

Ahh yes. That fixed it. I feel like an idiot now haha. Thank you very much and WOW that reply was fast!