4pat1

Started by Atlantis, August 04, 2013, 13:06:56

Previous topic - Next topic

PPH

Well, "The Comeback", which was my entry, is there in ogg format. But I do have the wav and the ogg already. I'm looking for the source file, but I don't think it's possible for you to have it, or for it to be in the Internet (I should have mentioned this before; now you wasted your time). It used some VSTis and wasn't "standalone", so I don't think I uploaded it anywhere (I thought, at some point, that I had uploaded a stripped IT file to OSMusic.Net, but I think that was only wishful thinking; anyway, OSMusic.net is dead). So, don't spend time looking for it, though I appreciate a lot the fact that you took all that trouble.

There were two versions of "Arrival". The first was released as an IT file. Then I made a new one, which I released as mp3, because it used samples from a library. My wife likes that one too (at least she liked it when the listened to it once). :D

EDIT: I think the source file to "The Comeback" is in the computer in which I composed it, which doesn't have a running OS, but whose HD should be working. I intend to take a look, though it will need some work. Still, there is a lot of stuff there I'd like to have, such as my music collection from these times. If I can recover it, I'll try to make a new version, with better samples (I remember some violin hits that didn't sound well).

EDIT2: "Offtrack", by ganja! Great piece! I haven't listened to it in ages (it's in the computer I mentioned above), but remember it well.
============
PPH
-Melody Enthusiast
============

speed-focus

Quote from: LPChip on August 19, 2013, 10:33:00
Ah cool. Installed ICQ again. Ganja, I don't seem to have you on my contact list. My ICQ id: 43823709
Sorry, was just joking I haven't used ICQ in years... I think my ID was 11548841 but I have no idea what password or email I used to create it so it's all gone.

Quote from: PPH on August 19, 2013, 14:01:00
I spent some years not making much music.
That's a shame, you need to get back to it! The world needs more melody enthusiasts.

Quote from: Saga Musix on August 18, 2013, 17:59:08
BTW, speed-focus, anything wrong with your old account?
I also have an account that's just "g". I could use that one as well. However, I think "shy artist" is a pretty descriptive status for me at this (or any) point in my life.

PPH

I'm coming back, I think. Also, I never completely stopped, but I did other things that took time away from composition, and had trouble getting used to some new tools.
============
PPH
-Melody Enthusiast
============

georg

It's nice to see everybody again, hope you're all well.
I'm not on facebook or anything but i'll try to stay in touch. I want to ask... Xaimus has a website so he's around i guess, Subwoofer are on bandcamp or moved on or whatever. Anyone seen Boomerang? yomi went down some time ago.

Since i've recently been digging around my old website material, i'd really like to recreate or share some of it. For nostalgia mostly :D
I'm very flattered with the success of Sabotage compo, and thank all the weird and wonderfull people who contributed to it. Apparently i especially thank LPChip, ganja, XAVT and Void Pointer. An old webpage says so :D
It would be nice to have something up. The results page at least.

Sometimes though, nostalgia reminds us how cramped and ugly things were:

but also cute and blurry:

Aaaand i dug up my favorite avatar ^^
I'll never make sword-chucks...
Update - 2013 I still havent made sword-chuks.
Update - 2021 What the hell are sword-chuks? :((

LPChip

I have a few of those you mention in my list. I'll redirect them here. (talking about WaxHead, Xaimus, VoidPointer and Nifflas.)

I don't know what happened to Subwoofer nor Boomerang. Only thing I know is that boomerang moved on to renoise and was on those forums quite some time.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

PPH

I saw Boomerang in the Renoise forums too.

EDIT: Which one was the Sabotage compo? Was that the one in which ganja's "Off Track" won by one point against my "Arrival"? :D (I just remembered this yesterday, but I'm not sure it was that compo).
============
PPH
-Melody Enthusiast
============

Saga Musix

georg: Oh god, that screenshot...
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.