Missing instruments in Kontakt when reloaded...

Started by RG (aka AUDIOMONSTER), August 03, 2013, 03:13:43

Previous topic - Next topic

RG (aka AUDIOMONSTER)

I noticed a very annoying thing : sometimes, when reloading a song containing Kontakt instruments, it happens to have totally lost all Kontakt loaded instruments, and so the Kontakt window appears totally empty...

All instruments/settings from Kontakt are then lost and to be reloaded...

Saga Musix

Is this a new issue, or has it always happened? Did it happen after an upgrade of Kontakt or OpenMPT? With the few things I've tried in Kontakt (only ever used it to reproduce your bugs ;) ), the settings were always restored as intended. I don't see where this error would come from, anyway, because if it fails for one plugin, it should fail for all other plugins as well if it's a bug in OpenMPT.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

RG (aka AUDIOMONSTER)

I think it has something to do with memory : when I'm near eating all RAM with Kontakt instruments...Not sure, though, but it happens everytime I save when the RAM is near full...

Not sure this helps...

RG (aka AUDIOMONSTER)

I must precise something : in order to send different Kontakt instruments to differents reverbs/FX plugins, I have to open several Kontakt instances, to chain each one containing a group of instruments bound to get the same reverb/FX) to the right plugin...

I'd love to do otherwise, but I don't see how ;-)

Saga Musix

Here's one thing you can try: Get jBridge, manually create a bridged "stub" for Kontakt using jBridge's setup tool, remove Kontakt from OpenMPT's list of known plugins, and then add the stub version of Kontakt again. This way, Kontakt will run in its own process, eliminating the RAM limit forced upon a single 32-bit task. It might help if it's true that you're running low on memory - at least if you have a 64-bit system with more than 4GB of RAM.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

RG (aka AUDIOMONSTER)

Looks very interesting, I'll try that. (just changing my computer, right now, for better work on a new film soundtrack ;-) )

Thanks ;-)

Saga Musix

Did jBridge help with the problem? After some initial problems, I managed to make a 64-bit compile of OpenMPT. It lacks ASIO support and a few other small things, but you should be able to run the 64-bit version of Kontakt in it. Maybe it helps. http://sagagames.de/stuff/mptrack64.7z - If anything behaves in a weird way, in this version, tell me - I'm very sure that something must is broken, and we're far from an official 64-bit release.

RG (aka AUDIOMONSTER)

I didn't try it yet, I'd like to avoid it, to be frank, but I will as soon as I get a little
time for it...