[Synthpop] God's Business (mp3)

Started by AmericanDiamond, August 01, 2013, 07:27:31

Previous topic - Next topic

AmericanDiamond

I have been using OpenMPT since 2003, and in all that time have been upgrading music I built before. Finally, after a lot of work and hesitation, two of them are ready for "young adult" release.

I am not religious and have no personal religious affiliation at this time, but when I made this composition, I did identify as Christian and gave it a retro gospel sound. I do experimental retro music, and this one, like Freedom Star, is for 1984. I used the Microsoft wavetable GM synth for instruments, programmed all the notes individually in OpenMPT without a keyboard and used REAPER for further sound processing. I plan to include this and Freedom Star on the same upcoming album, but right now I'm not sure. This composition almost wrote itself musically, and in spite of being non-religious, I continue to present this as the artwork that it is.

By the way, the tempo is not constant; it increases gradually at arbitrary points in the composition.

https://soundcloud.com/diamondnefertari1984/gods-business-1984

Saga Musix

Link seems to be broken, but I was able to find the correct one on your profile.
Anyway, nice and funky tune, yet again suffering from the Roland GM piano. :) I had the feeling that it got a bit repetitive after a while.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

AmericanDiamond

AmericanDiamond

For those who have been clicking on the link and have found that the track is inaccessible, the link has been updated.