[Electronic, chiptune] Voyager

Started by jmkz, June 15, 2013, 20:32:45

Previous topic - Next topic

jmkz

Hi!

There's been long time ago of my last song, and this is my newest stuff. I've created since march 2012, but finished last week.

Hope you like it, have a nice day.

Download: Dropbox

Saga Musix

Nice and chippy, but also a bit repetitive and simple at times.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

jmkz

Yes, actually for the last few years I've dealing with this kind of issue of not having a well composed song with variations and stuff. I'm getting stuck in my mind with small fragments of my "songs" and listen to whole many times, and hardly finish them. :\
Any advice on how to get rid of this?

LPChip

What I always do is group my patterns in sections of 4, and force myself into putting a transition at the end of the 4th pattern, and go into something new. A transition allows to go in any direction you want upto a certain degree (also depending on the transition).

You can even alternate between 2 different 4 pattern groups and add variations to the two.

So your orderlist would look something like this:

(A is group A, B is group B)

A1,A2,A3,A4,B1,B2,B3,B4,A5,A6,A7,A8,B5,B6,B7,B8

Of course, A5 is a duplicate of A1 with somehting added or changed. Same for B group.

You can even add a 3rd group. If you study Michael Jackson's music, you'll notice he does this too. Working with 3 groups and alternate between the 3. Usually he does, A,B,A,B,C, A,B,A,B,C. But sometimes even A,B,C,A,B,C
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs