Is there a way to direct the dry and wet parts to different outputs?

Started by Pizearke, June 28, 2013, 11:59:56

Previous topic - Next topic

Pizearke

If, for example, one wanted to compress the reverb of a sound but not the sound itself. I find that this would be useful often.

Saga Musix

Not directly, since there are no buses. In your particular example, though, you can create a completely dry version of your channel (i.e. without any plugins) and a "wet" version which contains all the plugins. On the wet version, you require a reverb plugin that is able to only output the "wet" part of a reverb.
Since it's a rather common thing to do, there are also reverbs that have a built-in compressor. One such plugin is mdspDuckVerb, but that one doesn't store its plugin parameters properly when loading/saving a module file containing this plugin, so you'd have to set up all parameters using parameter control events before using it in a song.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Pizearke

Quote from: Saga Musix on June 28, 2013, 12:06:46
Not directly, since there are no buses. In your particular example, though, you can create a completely dry version of your channel (i.e. without any plugins) and a "wet" version which contains all the plugins. On the wet version, you require a reverb plugin that is able to only output the "wet" part of a reverb.
Since it's a rather common thing to do, there are also reverbs that have a built-in compressor. One such plugin is mdspDuckVerb, but that one doesn't store its plugin parameters properly when loading/saving a module file containing this plugin, so you'd have to set up all parameters using parameter control events before using it in a song.

Unfortunately for me, it's on the master channel, and I'm using an odd plugin (It's kind of a noise track), so the reverb thing was just an example. Thanks though. Is it possible this could be implemented?

LPChip

You could use a chainer for this kind of stuff. A plugin that is host to other plugins.

I use Xlutop Chainer myself for this purpose, but EnergyXT can be loaded as a plugin and would allow the same thing to do.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Saga Musix

QuoteIs it possible this could be implemented?
It's been on the todo list for a long time, if that gives you any indication.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.