[OT] I'm back, and I got another cultural question!

Started by Squirrel Havoc, March 29, 2006, 05:37:58

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt Hartman

I agree that some conditions are predetermined in birth.

Squirrel, you'd be amazed what you can cure by simply changing what you eat. I'm not talking about just losing a few pounds, I'm talking about reversing chronic disease.

My daughter has pretty severe Autism. We had her hair tested by a lab and her mercury level is off the charts. We started her on a special detox program (using all natural organic sources I might add) and we anticipate a full recovery in the months ahead of us, like so many other parents who's children were victims of the FDA's approval of mercury laden vaccines.

We generally avoid general practitioners. We go homeopathic because they typically care more about optimizing health through natural resources instead of supporting the MEDS community.

We as a society are going to come into awareness about drugs, and I bet a lot of treated patients are going to be really pissed that the FDA holds back the real test data in favor of making billions.

If your serotonin levels are low, they give you Prozac instead of giving you a natural food source that triggers the release of serotonin in the brain.

Then, you have the grain industry killing us by the millions on top of that.

And this Splenda bullshit, I wouldn't touch that gimmicky, cancerous-crap with your hand.

Use Stevia instead.

The point is, there's a ton of outside factors that cause depression. Too many doctors are eager to pass out meds because it's "their" solution and what better incentive to blame it on a predisposed condition?

Equally damaging, too many patients are either too depressed or too damn lazy to do their alternative research into curing it. A catalyst is born.

Prozac and the like is a drug. It will only mask the problem, never solve it.

As far as comparing Prozac to other illegal drugs, I'm not trying to get into the technicals of it. My main point is that what the doctor prescribes is far more deadly (seeing the longer and bigger picture) than what gets trafficked from South America and Jamaica.  

As a general rule of thumb, if it has side effects (at all) don't put it in your mouth or up your ass.

Here's Prozac's:

"side effects may include dry mouth, constipation, urinary retention, sedation, and weight gain".

weight gain generally leads to all kinds of nasty chronic diseases...

I'm sure urinary retention does wonders for your liver, kidneys and bladder...

Sedation sounds generally enticing...(kind of hard to be anything when you're asleep)

dry mouth and constipation...where do I sign up?

WWW.MERCOLA.COM
Yeah, sure. Right. Whatever.

rncekel

In Spain, in the time of Franco, mental hospitals were almost like jails. Then, with the beginning of democracy, we let the patients free, but we forgot to give them an adequate treatment. So, now, most of them live with their families, who have to give them the cares they need. Sometimes this is just troublesome; sometimes it is even tragic; maybe you have heard about the "catana murder", a 15 years old schizophrenic who killed all his family with a catana (a japanese sword) thinking he was a video game heroe, some years ago. My wife, who is a doctor, sometimes see the families of persons with mental diseases, who are really suffering very much, because they can't give at home the treatment they need.

Relabsoluness

Quote from: "Matt Hartman"Or how about the mercury contained in useless immunizations that is linked to neurological brain damage.
Quite dramatic claim to say that immunizations(a confirmation: does immunization mean vaccination?)  contain such subtance - care to explain some general idea how in earth mercury would end up in immunizations?

Quote from: "Matt Hartman"Coupled with the grain industry, is it any wonder why we are a disease ridden society?
What's the thing with "the grain industry"?

Quote from: "speed-goddamn-focus""Natural" is just a buzz-word, and usually only means the producers can't get it classified as medication, imho.
I agree that word 'natural' is often quite vague; it might 'sound good', but when you think of it more carefully, it becomes quite vague - for a point of view all the things that anyone have or will ever face are natural ;)

Relabsoluness

This post is based on the lost messages, here's the ones I had available:

Quote from: "Matt Hartman"
Posted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 3:35 pm    Post subject:    

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reb, I am not suggesting we start placing blame on others for ones own actions. I think all God needs now is another victim.

However, the new Food Pyramid suggests a good portion of grains as part of a healthy diet, obviously more than the other food groups. That is genocide in my opinion and in the opinion of a great many who a starting to scientifically prove that grains are very detrimental to ones health. That is unless you are from a very small region in Africa.

The FDA knows the hazards and have for some time, yet they will never admit that they were wrong on that scale. And if they do, it will not be in bold, it will be a slow phase.

Additionally, this new information is spreading and the grain industry is freaking out. Go to your local market and you'll notice cereals that were once made with bleached and processed flour are now becoming whole wheat and even organic whole wheat. This is their last ditch effort to fight a fight they see as potentially losing in the end because whether bleached or whole is generally not healthy.

You'll also notice that stores are starting to carry an "Organic" product line. The health sections are starting to take up more store real estate.

Since the FDA holds back loads information and research that could potentially have the world up in arms with them, it's not that difficult to see a mutual interest between the grain industry and the FDA.

There is light at the end of the tunnel. We are coming into a time of both health and spiritual awareness in a global sense. People will begin to demand more from their lives on many levels and the people who govern them.

Maybe then, "my" claims won't seem so absurd. Possibly even informed. We'll see.

As far as mercury being phased out. I'm not sure about the UK, but I know in the states they're "still working on it" Some vaccine company's have removed Mercury from their product but the majority of company's still have yet to jump on board since it suggests there will be more waste which equals a significant profit loss.

I'm not against company's making profit. But I think it's crime to make profit off the backs of people's health. When you break that down, it's a slow death warrant.

You would think the Government would step in. But then again, I said the word Government.

Quote from: "rewbs"
Posted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 3:53 pm    Post subject:    

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I agree that on average we probably eat more wheat and gluten than we require, and some people suffer from this more than others. But I don't buy the big cover up / conspiracy theories quite yet. It seems tracing the full effects of all consumed nutrients is a fairly young science; there are still wildly diverging opinions and few solid facts. I wouldn't be surprised if large advisory bodies aren't getting some stuff quite right, but I'm certainly not in panic mode yet. After all, most people I know are perfectly happy with their health and don't apply anything more to their diet than a little common sense. If certain people are particularly sensitive to wheat or dairy, at this stage they have to eat the stuff anyway and suffer for a while before they figure it out and tune their intake accordingly.

Quote:
a great many who a starting to scientifically prove that grains are very detrimental to ones health. That is unless you are from a very small region in Africa.

Do you have any links with more info? Given the diverse nature of "grains" I suspect that the idea all of them are "very detrimental" is probably a generalisation.

Quote from: "Matt Hartman"
Posted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 4:08 pm    Post subject:    

There are several sites in relation, but by far I find this one very conclusive to the effort.

www.mercola.com

This guy does his homework and seems like a person that genuinely cares about his own health as well as the health of others on a global scale.

Like you, he's analytical. If he comes into new information that contradicts his previous findings, he's the first person to admit he was wrong publically. This shows me he is looking at the facts and not his own reputation.

When you go to this site, do a search on any topic of interest relating to health. You will either find articles supporting or disapproving. (backed by science not agenda)

It's a great site with loads of cutting edge information from very respected sources.

I highly recommend it since you seem somewhat interested in being a conscious member of society.

---------------------------------------------------------
Actual post:

Quote from: "Matt Hartman"Since the FDA holds back loads information and research that could potentially have the world up in arms with them, it's not that difficult to see a mutual interest between the grain industry and the FDA.
It wouldn't be so big surprise if the Food Pyramid recommendations were 'motivated' by some industry, and in that respect it would make some sense, though little in my opinion, to blame whole 'grain industry' for the health problems grain might cause. Also, you wrote:
Quote from: "Matt Hartman"The grain industry is the leading cause of health problems in this world.

Why? Because our metabolism does not process grains. Your body basically can't say, "I've had enough of this" like it does with other nutrients, like protein and healthy fats.

In fact, unprocessed carbohydrates (from grains, not vegetables) gets stored it as fat. Fat is what leads to chronic disease."
So you're 'accusing' the 'grain industry' globally("in this world"), while you were still talking about connection between the grain industry and FDA(=U.S. Food and Drug Administration?). Is there silent generalisation, or are talking about the U.S. exclusively?
Also, I don't how you define concepts like 'health problems' or 'the leading cause' or 'this world', but for me that quite clearly seems that actually you're claiming that 'the grain industry' causes more health problems than, well, anything. Maybe this vaccine related quote(by speed-goddamn-focus?) gives some perspective to this matter as well:
Quote"According to UNICEF, every year more than 2 million children die from diseases that could have been prevented by inexpensive vaccines."