Shifting Notes Backwards

Started by corlenbelspar, June 20, 2013, 03:56:13

Previous topic - Next topic

corlenbelspar

I know you can press backspace to move notes backwards in the pattern you're editing, but is there any way to do it where it shifts everything in the song backwards in all patterns?

Rakib

Just select all the patterns first and press backwards.
^^

Saga Musix

Quote from: Rakib on June 20, 2013, 06:47:01
Just select all the patterns first and press backwards.
Huh, did you implement something in OpenMPT I don't know about? :O No, there is currently no way to affect all patterns at once with this command.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Rakib

Hah, I misread. I read moving notes on the pattern.
^^

corlenbelspar

Oh alright.  Maybe it's a feature to consider in the future?  ;)

Saga Musix

There are several pattern transformation actions that could benefit from applying them to all patterns at the same time, but I'm not sure about how it would be useful in this case. Also, there are many things to consider, e.g. should the top row of pattern n+1 appear as the bottom row of pattern n? And what should happen in this case if a pattern is used twice?
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.