Where is "Record Parameter Changes"?

Started by sso, May 27, 2013, 17:35:15

Previous topic - Next topic

sso

"record parameter changes"

im feeling very stupid now (and old.)

i cant find this.

does this make me able to record when i change anything in a vst synth f.e?

as in , the melody is playing and i mess with the modwheel (or something) and the tracker automates "pc" commands for me?

or do i need to do everything manually and have i misunderstood?

(cause this option is giving me a boner.)

Edit by mod: Added helpful thread title (was: "help")

Saga Musix

» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

sso

i did, still not quite getting it.

i just use a pc command? or midi macro?

Saga Musix

You open the pattern editor, you open the plugin editor, check "Record Parameter Changes", and if the plugin supports automation (most of them do, but not all), it will write any parameter changes you do via the plugin GUI into the pattern as \xx (IT) or PC Events (MPTM). To confirm whether it's a plugin-specific issue, please check if you can record parameter changes using Synth1, because I just tested that one right now and it works.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

sso

thanks dude, that seems much more understandable. :)

im not on the specific puter now (its offline.) but i will check later and get back to you.

i dont have synth1 , what synth is that?

Saga Musix