driver error compensation.

Started by sso, April 08, 2013, 08:16:20

Previous topic - Next topic

sso

does modplug have this?

lowers latency i hear.

sso

Saga Musix

Please elaborate. What is driver error compensation supposed to do?

Quoteoh and is this compatible with openmpt?
Any sound device that works with Windows will also work with OpenMPT.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

sso

humm thanks, some dude was talking about it on reddit, said it was an ableton feature, supposed to lower the latency.

LPChip

Quote from: sso on April 08, 2013, 14:11:33
humm thanks, some dude was talking about it on reddit, said it was an ableton feature, supposed to lower the latency.

That would be ASIO. This soundcard does support ASIO, so you're fine with that.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Saga Musix

Quote from: LPChip on April 08, 2013, 14:57:48
That would be ASIO.
No it's not. From what I gather, this is a function in Ableton to measure real latency vs reported latency, to synchronize soundcard input and output. In a program like Live this makes sense, but in OpenMPT it doesn't because you have no recording functionality.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

sso

Ah, thanks for clearing up that misunderstanding.

Im trying for a very low latency. Doing some shopping thoughts. :)