Mimic Music Compo

Started by georg, April 15, 2006, 22:47:54

Previous topic - Next topic

LPChip

Quote from: "PPH"
Quote from: "LPChip"I might have to abort :(

I know, its weak and lame and whatever... but this compo is a real challenge for me and time is one of the obstacles that kills me atm. Next I have other projects to do of which making music is one. this means that I have to switch between music styles each time, which makes it really hard to stick with the song.

Oh, come one, man! It won't be as fun as it could if you don't participate! I work 44 hours a week in front of a computer and am spending the whole weekends in front of another computer in order to deliver an orchestral track. Why do you think I've disappeared for months? I bet you can manage too :D

Changing style between projects shouldn't be that difficult. A project is a project and another project is another project. Like we say in Spanish: "Una cosa es una cosa y otra cosa es otra cosa". Maybe you made the wrong pick. Perhaps Atlantis doesn't have a style so easy to mimic. You could try something easier, like Carl Orff's works for children.

Perhaps you're chickening out...  :P  (knowing you, this should work, he, he)

It appears you don't know me at all :P Usually these kind of remarks enforce my statement. I'm more determined now to abort :o
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

yrk

Just had this idea... If I had the time, I would try to mimic Jan Hammer in his Miami Vice days... That would be so cool... I loved the music on that show...
while (1) { fork(); }

PPH

Quote from: "LPChip"
Quote from: "PPH"
Quote from: "LPChip"I might have to abort :(

I know, its weak and lame and whatever... but this compo is a real challenge for me and time is one of the obstacles that kills me atm. Next I have other projects to do of which making music is one. this means that I have to switch between music styles each time, which makes it really hard to stick with the song.

Oh, come one, man! It won't be as fun as it could if you don't participate! I work 44 hours a week in front of a computer and am spending the whole weekends in front of another computer in order to deliver an orchestral track. Why do you think I've disappeared for months? I bet you can manage too :D

Changing style between projects shouldn't be that difficult. A project is a project and another project is another project. Like we say in Spanish: "Una cosa es una cosa y otra cosa es otra cosa". Maybe you made the wrong pick. Perhaps Atlantis doesn't have a style so easy to mimic. You could try something easier, like Carl Orff's works for children.

Perhaps you're chickening out...  :P  (knowing you, this should work, he, he)

It appears you don't know me at all :P Usually these kind of remarks enforce my statement. I'm more determined now to abort :o

:lol:  I was just teasing you. The thing is: I'm sure you can come up with something. Don't you have weekends in the Netherlands? :D
============
PPH
-Melody Enthusiast
============

georg

Yeah, LPChicken c'mon.
I'll never make sword-chucks...
Update - 2013 I still havent made sword-chuks.
Update - 2021 What the hell are sword-chuks? :((

speed-goddamn-focus

Quote from: "PPH":lol:  I was just teasing you. The thing is: I'm sure you can come up with something. Don't you have weekends in the Netherlands? :D
You should read the other threads, he's just too busy playing mohaa to do stuff like track or finish the new mpc. ;)

LPChip

LOL

Seriously. I do have time to track in the weekends, but these are already pre-scheduled to work on my other project. I lack inspiration.

I will probably finish the song, but I don't think I'll make it whitin the given time stamp.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

georg

I'll extend the deadline just to make you finish it  :)  Ahh the power, hahaha!

LPChip

Quote from: "georg"I'll extend the deadline just to make you finish it  :)  Ahh the power, hahaha!

Ok, cool... Extend it to somewhere next year then. :lol: (damn, where's tne nuts smily when you need it? :lol:)

georg

Quote from: "georg"I'll extend the deadline just to make you finish it  :)  Ahh the power, hahaha!

Ok, cool... Extend it to somewhere next year then. :lol: (damn, where's tne nuts smily when you need it? :lol:)

i miss that smiley. :nuts:

PPH

I can't believe this! He lacks inspiration! LPChip lacks inspiration!!! This is a disappointment indeed. I thought LPChip was a really inspired person. Damn! And what's that about another project?! Tsc, tsc.  ::)  Everyone has another project. :D
============
PPH
-Melody Enthusiast
============

LPChip

Quote from: "PPH"I can't believe this! He lacks inspiration! LPChip lacks inspiration!!! This is a disappointment indeed. I thought LPChip was a really inspired person. Damn! And what's that about another project?! Tsc, tsc.  ::)  Everyone has another project. :D

When I'm an inspired person, doesn't that mean that I inspire others? :P

georg

Lessons!!!

Special prize: English lessons for whoever wins the Mimic Compo!

Are you motivated now?  :D

LPChip

Quote from: "georg"Lessons!!!

Special prize: English lessons for whoever wins the Mimic Compo!

Are you motivated now?  :D

Actually, I'm discouraged now :P

PPH

Quote from: "PPH"I can't believe this! He lacks inspiration! LPChip lacks inspiration!!! This is a disappointment indeed. I thought LPChip was a really inspired person. Damn! And what's that about another project?! Tsc, tsc.  ::)  Everyone has another project. :D

When I'm an inspired person, doesn't that mean that I inspire others? :P

No, that would be an *inspiring* person. Seriously, you should participate. You need these lessons  :lol:
============
PPH
-Melody Enthusiast
============

rncekel

I have finished my entry, and send an e-mail to enter the compo. It is a very short Concerto grosso, just 4 minutes long. I have visited the page of the compo and seen only two entries there, but it is surely not updated. Anyhow, come on boys, send your entries!