Mimic Music Compo

Started by georg, April 15, 2006, 22:47:54

Previous topic - Next topic

speed-goddamn-focus

Quote from: "PPH"I say: let's wait until music doesn't suck anymore to G?ran. :D
Then you'll have to wait a long time. I'm not a woman changing my mind back and forth every fraction of a moment, even tho some say I sing like one.  :x

georg

Site updated, sorry about the delay i was away.

I wanna thank everyone who participated, regardless of wheter they made any music in the end or not. It's the thought that counts. Pity there wasn't more music, i guess it just didn't happen.

Maybe next time.
I'll never make sword-chucks...
Update - 2013 I still havent made sword-chuks.
Update - 2021 What the hell are sword-chuks? :((

PPH

So we start voting?  :?
============
PPH
-Melody Enthusiast
============

LPChip

And do I understand correctly that we also have to vote for ourselves?
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

PPH

Quote from: "LPChip"And do I understand correctly that we also have to vote for ourselves?

I don't think so.
============
PPH
-Melody Enthusiast
============

apple-joe

I look forward to listen to the entries.

Yet - will there be another one? I think this type of  compo has some potential. There are many interesting artists to mimic.

PPH

Quote from: "apple-joe"I look forward to listen to the entries.

Yet - will there be another one? I think this type of  compo has some potential. There are many interesting artists to mimic.

It doesn't look like people find it easy to mimic other artists. That's the only reason I can find for the low number of entries.
============
PPH
-Melody Enthusiast
============

KrazyKatz

I just submitted my entry. I know its late. Im hoping I am still allowed. I was delayed on a business trip. I chose Hans Zimmer aswell. ( Made my choice before knowing you chose him PPH :). I cant believe how difficult it was! I spent a LOT of time on this one and would have wanted more if I had the chance...

I thought I'd mention on the forum to everyone that I was late in case there is any objection from others that entered.

Best of luck to all.

Y
Sonic Brilliance Studios
http://www.sonicbrilliance.com

PPH

I say your entry should be taken. It's not like we have too many entries here :D
============
PPH
-Melody Enthusiast
============

apple-joe

Quote from: "PPH"
Quote from: "apple-joe"I look forward to listen to the entries.

It doesn't look like people find it easy to mimic other artists. That's the only reason I can find for the low number of entries.

True. Still, people might have been busy with other projects too. Perhaps the chosen period for the compo was a bad period.

Anyway, I like the idea.

speed-goddamn-focus

If I had managed to complete anything it would still have been more of a travesty than a pastiche.  ::)

georg

Well the 5 entries we got deserve the votes. Maybe voting will also make people more eager to enter such compos.

I'm waiting for your votes, everyone can vote! Noone has to. Contrary to what the rules say (hey if i make em then i can break em) but you cant vote for yourself. You will not be at a disadvantage because of percentage rules.

But vote! Get everyone to vote!! Maybe then Mimic 2 happens. Vote now!

PS - KrazyKatz you're in.

georg

AGH!! They're all very good! :nuts:  :nuts:  :nuts:  :nuts:  :nuts:  :nuts:

xaimus

wait for me i want to upload my crap :( :(

georg

and you are waiting for??

a) a bus
b) for Croatia to score a goal at the WC
c) an even LOUDER VST plugin
d) the Dodo bird