Plugins chain MIDI channel by MIDI channel

Started by RG (aka AUDIOMONSTER), March 20, 2013, 22:53:52

Previous topic - Next topic

RG (aka AUDIOMONSTER)

Hi there again

I wonder a simple thing : is it possible, when you chain (with the "output to" general fonction), let's say, a reverb vst to a vsti like Kontakt, to enable/disable the Kontakt midi channels out "on" and "off", channel by channel ?

Indeed, when I decide, for instance, to send Kontakt instruments to a vst reverb with the "output to" fonction, all instruments loaded in Kontakt, on all 16 midi channels, will of course be "wet" into the reverb plugin.

But what if I want some of Kontakt instruments not to be sent into the reverb plugin, and others to be sent ?

Do I have to load as much Kontakt instances as necessary, or is it possible to parameter this in Openmpt ?

Not sure to be clear in my explanations, but hope so ;-)

Saga Musix

From what I gather, you mean the audio output of the plugin, not the MIDI output (since a reverb plugin usually wouldn't want any MIDI data anyway). Currently all VST outputs are downmixed to two channels, even if you use the 8-out or 16-out version of Kontakt. Some time in the future, you will be able to route these 8 or 16 outputs to individual plugins if you want, but right now, I fear this is not possible.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

RG (aka AUDIOMONSTER)

Ah OK, I was quite sure it wouldn't, but we never know ;-)

Thanks !

And by the way, Openmpt has always been, and still is a real blast ! Love it...