Modplug adds significant silence length at the end of this midi

Started by moltres_rider, February 03, 2013, 11:48:58

Previous topic - Next topic

moltres_rider

I don't know what's up but everytime I import this midi (attached) Modplug add 40+ patterns of silence at the end of the midi that was imported!!!

now don't go into a BIG discussion that Modplug is not a midi editor, I was using it with the xi instrument set from the Mod Archive...

Saga Musix

How about you check your file out in other programs before complaining about OpenMPT everytime something doesn't work the way you want it to work? I loaded the file into XMPlay, where it shows a length of 8:56, a whoppin' two seconds shorter than what OpenMPT imports. The creator of the MIDI file might have accidentally sticked a MIDI event at the 8:56 mark, so the file is obviously played up to that event.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

moltres_rider

Quote from: Saga Musix on February 03, 2013, 14:10:31
How about you check your file out in other programs before complaining about OpenMPT everytime something doesn't work the way you want it to work? I loaded the file into XMPlay, where it shows a length of 8:56, a whoppin' two seconds shorter than what OpenMPT imports. The creator of the MIDI file might have accidentally sticked a MIDI event at the 8:56 mark, so the file is obviously played up to that event.

Media Player Classic Home Cinema shows only 4:42 or so... that is my default media player.. WMP11 also shows the same 4 minute length...

Saga Musix

I don't care what WMP does - it's a fact that this is not a bug in OpenMPT and thus nothing will be done about it. WMP possibly tries to remove silence at the end of the track, but it's not OpenMPT's job to do that. Too bad if that's a big problem for you.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

LPChip

I get you moltres_rider.

My car is blue, so its OpenMPT's fault clearly.... :s
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

elPatrixF

C'mon, it's not that hard to remove the 40+ patterns of silence manually, is it?

Remove the patterns from the song, and then do a cleanup so OpenMPT deletes them from the file, the silence should be gone.

You already know it's not a bug or a problem caused by Openmpt :P
Check out https://soundcloud.com/elpatrixf/ or http://www.youtube.com/elpatrixf for more music!
Thanks for listening!