Which browser do you prefer?

Mozilla Firefox
13 (81.3%)
Microsoft Internet Explorer
3 (18.8%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Voting closed: April 13, 2006, 18:44:02

Really Weird Person

What Web browser do you use? I just installed Mozilla's Firefox today to see what it is like on a PC. It is definately weird. It does not appear to do frames on my site //caleb.dnsalias.com/caleb (& it looks weird). Unless I am imagining it. Firefox also seems to be faster than Internet Explorer. Firefox has replaced my Internet Explorer browser also (@ least it did in my Start menu). I am not totally sure of the answer to the poll, due to the fact that I have not used Firefox much (considering the fact that I just installed it today). Correction, my page does not have frames. I thought that it did, until I looked @ the source & did a search for frame & another 1 for frameset. The find could not find frame or frameset. The problem must be in the source somewhere. I do not, however, know where. The source must not be set up for Firefox, it must be set up for Internet Explorer.

fisk0

You've forgotten Opera.

Though, I guess i use Firefox more often.

fisk0

Quote from: "Really Weird Person"What Web browser do you use? I just installed Mozilla's Firefox today to see what it is like on a PC. It is definately weird. It does not appear to do frames on my site //caleb.dnsalias.com/caleb (& it looks weird). Unless I am imagining it. Firefox also seems to be faster than Internet Explorer. Firefox has replaced my Internet Explorer browser also (@ least it did in my Start menu). I am not totally sure of the answer to the poll, due to the fact that I have not used Firefox much (considering the fact that I just installed it today).

Are you sure your code is correct then?

Test it with W3C's HTML Validator at http://validator.w3.org/
Though Internet Explorer doesn't care about bad HTML code, most browsers do.

If you compare pages WITH validated code you'll see that Firefox and Opera displays the pages much much better than IE.

Really Weird Person

Wow, that's weird. That section of the W3C's Web site looks strange. I had not seen that part of it before. It's a Web site that checks other Web sites' sources. That's weird. I wonder what would happen if someone (especially themselves) put their own URL in the URL box? That would be weird. Oops, I was thinking of ModPlug Tracker! I tried to go to the end of this message using Control Alt End instead of just Control End!

speed-goddamn-focus

I use Opera almost exclusively.

fisk0

Quote from: "Really Weird Person"Wow, that's weird. That section of the W3C's Web site looks strange. I had not seen that part of it before. It's a Web site that checks other Web sites' sources. That's weird. I wonder what would happen if someone (especially themselves) put their own URL in the URL box? That would be weird. Oops, I was thinking of ModPlug Tracker! I tried to go to the end of this message using Control Alt End instead of just Control End!

Actually, I've tried it. And it just confirms that their own page is indeed following their own rules of HTML coding. :)

Really Weird Person

Do they say that just because they do want 1 of 2 things to happen.

1. They would have to delete their own Web site.
2. Someone else (maybe their boss (Their boss? Aren't the leading Web page of the Internet? That's weird)) to delete their Web site.

georg

I'll never make sword-chucks...
Update - 2013 I still havent made sword-chuks.
Update - 2021 What the hell are sword-chuks? :((

qbg

Quote from: "fisk0"
Quote from: "Really Weird Person"Wow, that's weird. That section of the W3C's Web site looks strange. I had not seen that part of it before. It's a Web site that checks other Web sites' sources. That's weird. I wonder what would happen if someone (especially themselves) put their own URL in the URL box? That would be weird. Oops, I was thinking of ModPlug Tracker! I tried to go to the end of this message using Control Alt End instead of just Control End!

Actually, I've tried it. And it just confirms that their own page is indeed following their own rules of HTML coding. :)
Well they do define the standards...
I hope to gain some ModPlug Tracker skills someday...

Snu

and from me, you have another vote for the non-listed opera.
opera 9 beta is super sweet, and faster than firefox.
there also is another reletively popular browser for osx, safari i think?

website compatability issues are annoying, my website has a weird bug with the dhtml menus, they pop up in different places with different browsers... and im really not sure why, and havnt taken the time to dig through the code yet.

Really Weird Person

I do not recognize the Opera browser. Does Opera block pop-ups automatically like Firefox? Does it have the tab feature like Firefox, too? If it has those 2 features, I might consider downloading it (although, it would probably take some getting used to, just like Firefox did). Is Opera newer than Firefox? I will add it to my poll. Maybe I won't, too. I cannot edit the poll. That's weird.

Snu

www.opera.com , tho i would suggest the opera 9 beta at: http://labs.opera.com/downloads/
opera had those features before firefox.

georg

popup blockage is optional in firefox. I tried Opera a few years ago and i liked it cos it was better than IE or Netscape but it was... hmm, not very good? I kept wishing some things were done in a better way. then i tried firefox and i got my wish.
I'll never make sword-chucks...
Update - 2013 I still havent made sword-chuks.
Update - 2021 What the hell are sword-chuks? :((

speed-goddamn-focus

I think all browsers these days block pop-ups. More or less efficiently.

fisk0

Quote from: "speed-goddamn-focus"I think all browsers these days block pop-ups. More or less efficiently.

Opera has the most efficient one in my opinion.
Too many popups slip through Firefox' blocking.