OpenMPT 1.17rc2 hits 10,000 downloads

Started by rewbs, November 28, 2005, 13:51:28

Previous topic - Next topic

rewbs

Today, SourceForge's cumulative download count of all OpenMPT 1.17rc2 packages hit ten thousand requests, within less than 4 months.

I didn't really believe the SF download counts, but the download thread on these forums has been viewed close to that many times too.

At the moment we're sustaining about 150-200 requests per day. We owe this mostly to the solid userbase that Olivier built over the years. But I reckon this is pretty good given the scale of the project.

So all those who have contributed can pour themselves a celebratory glass of wine tonight, safe in the knowledge that the fruit of their labour is at least being experienced - and perhaps even appreciated! :P
That's what I'll be doing, anyway. :D

LPChip

I've checked my stats this weekend for the pageviews and bandwidth usage.

The usage is well whitin limit, so nothing to worry about. I believe (not sure) that I've seen a pageview of 700 a day which is regular. So its indeed very possible that it goes like this. :)

Congrats to everyone. :)
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Squirrel Havoc

I'm kind of curious, how many downloads did the source get?
Anyone can do anything if they have nothing else to do
-
Most musicians are talented. I'm just determined.

rewbs

Quote from: "Squirrel Havoc"I'm kind of curious, how many downloads did the source get?

About 1900 (!). You can see the downloads for each package by playing with the lists below the graph.

Rakib

a good thing is that the downloading numbers is increasing fast. So hopefully MPT will have many more user during the next moths.

And maybe rewbs will get some help developing the software.
^^

goor00

I'd like to send my congratulations to the entire team in the name of all members of the french MPT support site :)

That's indeed a milestone for OpenMPT developement.

Cheers ;)

Squirrel Havoc

This is roughly 115 downloads a day.

Speaking of the french MPT site, are there any plans to translate MPT to other languages? Rewbs, do you speak anything but enlish? I think it would be even more popular if there were translations...
Anyone can do anything if they have nothing else to do
-
Most musicians are talented. I'm just determined.

rewbs

Quote from: "Squirrel Havoc"are there any plans to translate MPT to other languages?
The code looks like some efforts had been made before open-sourcing to move strings to a single resource for hassle-free localisation, but this wasn't completed... and I didn't persist with that work when adding new features.
Consequently localisation would be a non-trivial task and I'm not sure how important it should be considered wrt other features. There was a poll on the French site and it didn't come out as being very important IIRC.

Quote from: "Squirrel Havoc"Rewbs, do you speak anything but enlish?
I speak French.  :)

Rakib

I know ericus is french, maybe he could help with that.

Where is he by the way?
^^

Saga Musix

To celebrate more pointless (because arbitrarily measured) records: OpenMPT has been downloaded 100,000 times from the front page since March 2011 - not counting in SourceForge downloads and people following direct download links from somewhere else, but probably counting in robots disobeying robots.txt and other stuff. The daily number of downloads is still about the same as seven years ago, btw. Yay! Time for cake?
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.