OpenMpt with Wineskin

Started by oxxi, November 28, 2012, 20:43:36

Previous topic - Next topic

oxxi

One thing I truly miss about switching to Mac (for the time being) ;) is Modplug. I was wondering if anybody here has had any luck with running Modplug smoothly with WineSkin on OSX Lion. Going down to 20ms for the audio latency is really not working very well. The good thing is I still got my old trusty MSI laptop whenever I need to compose, but I just wish I could use the Mac more. I guess I'll just use SuperCollider on Osx for the time being to generate samples.
////

Rakib

How about installing bootcamp, then you can have both windows and mac in the same computer?
^^

Saga Musix

I'd recommend trying to compile WineAsio, to get ASIO in Wine running - you might get some nice low latency then. I wanted to try it a while ago but I somehow managed to break my fresh Wine installation on Linux Mint within just a few minutes... But yeah, any kind of emulation (virtual machines) and abstraction layer (Wine) doesn't really improve the situation, so Bootcamp might be the better solution after all.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

oxxi

Hmm, well it sounds like a possible solution with WineAsio. Unfortunately, Bootcamp is not a option at the moment since I'm running low on disk space, or else I'd be a happy camper  ;D. The emulation does chew up the CPU though! Good thing I rarely use Vst's in my compos. Thanks for the tips!
////