[progressive rock] Promises And Lies *remastered* (stream/mp3)

Started by Mr.Eagle, November 18, 2012, 12:22:37

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr.Eagle

Hi everybody.

As the threads title says, this is not a new song but a kind of "polished up version" of an older song from April 2009:

Promises And Lies *remastered*
(07:03, November 2012)

I hope you like this new version... ;)

Greetings,
TheEagle

P.S.: If you're wish to compare both versions, simply click here for the original.
sorry for my bad English

Harbinger

Notes as i'm listening:

I had to compare it to the original and yes, it is MUCH better production quality than the original. The sounds are much more acoustic and believable, and i could swear you brought in a professional engineer to oversee the new edit. It didn't hurt that you compressed to 320 kb constant as opposed to a variable bit rate in the original upload.

My only criticism is that the piano, while much more dynamic in its presentation, still sounds artificial, but that may be because i have a very sensitive ear to it. But the flute sounds like Galway, the strings are very close, and the drumset is more substantive (though i would have lowered the snare about 15-20%).

Thank you for not changing the song design -- it's fine the way it is (even if it is a little long). But the post-production work on this makes it really unimprovable. Good job, and don't forget to use the same techniques on future projects... ;)

Mr.Eagle

Thank you for listen and the comment.

Quote from: Harbinger on November 26, 2012, 14:12:37
Thank you for not changing the song design..

To be honest, I thought about creating a kind of "2012 remake" of this song and not just a "remastered"-version. But in the end I decided against it.
sorry for my bad English

uncloned

Mr.Eagle

Thank you for listening Mr. Uncloned.
Glad you like it... :)
sorry for my bad English