wow this site has really gone downhill

Started by hellscion, April 13, 2006, 14:14:39

Previous topic - Next topic

hellscion

heey it's me, john646260. after a long and difficult journey in the real world i have returned to the horrid internet world. and this site seems like it's dying or something. Anyways, how is everyone...fine...good...cool...
i'm going to link to some music i made in the thread for that, check it out. that's all for now, keep it real 8)
Sometimes in order to see the light you have to risk the dark.

xaimus

despite being crippled, the site still seems quite alive to me!

anyhow, hello.

DavidN

For a site that was wiped entirely a few months ago, I'd say it was doing pretty well.

But the team of site coders are piecing it back together, and hopefully they'll have the site as it was before too long. But new and improved!

hellscion

eh? what's all this? wiped out entirely?
:?:

LPChip

Quote from: "hellscion"eh? what's all this? wiped out entirely?
:?:

Follow this link: http://lpchip.com/modplug/index.php  and read the message I've posted there. It will explain it all.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

hellscion

oh...it was right there. suddenly i feel less bright. if only there was an emoticon with a 'flickering' lightbulb

speed-goddamn-focus

I would say the forums are much more alive now than they were before the crash...

hellscion

alright...i see. i just noticed everything looking scaled down. good to know there is still life in the tracking community. Well...the music download thread isn't so active. c'mon...check out my new music goddammit :!:

**edit: ok i checked out the music download session myself. judging from the song titles i guess i can see why it isn't so active. it's all so...contemporary. c'mon...where's the edge...the anger...the violence...
i mean yea it's...family friendly but still...

Sam_Zen

2hellscion
I participate on this forum as being a part of the tracking community in the first place. Promoting downloads of my works has a lower priority here.
Scaling down could also be translated as more dealing with the essential things.
About the contents of the download thread :
Enter a cd-shop. Check the number of dumb mainstream bullshit on the total available cd's. Probably 80 %.
Seek the gems I would say.

hellscion

apple-joe

I don't know how this site used to be, but I think this one is heading in the right direction at least.

Sam_Zen

It is indeed. And how it used to be, as far as I know, is not much different from now.
Although there were about 17000 registered members then, only a few were active on the forum.
And the number of participants after recovering from the crash is not very different imo.

apple-joe

SamZen, by the way, you didn't join the one voice compo, did you? why?

Sam_Zen

2 apple-joe
Good question. I checked the project and found the descriptions of the rules far too fuzzy.
To me, one voice is one sample, not some chord with other samples or whatever.