Any interest in a new project of mine?

Started by Novus, August 14, 2012, 17:11:55

Previous topic - Next topic

Saga Musix

Quote from: Novus on August 23, 2012, 20:35:24
He also had a disk with strip poker on it, but I don't think I was supposed to know about that. I was only brave enough to play it once. ::) I also remember how pissed Mom was when she found the disc. ;D
That's the most epic paragraph of this whole thread so far.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

psishock

Quotec64
i remember how i hated those combined CRSR keys. One of the worst idea in the design process.

It was a powerful toy to play with, but i was blown away by the intel 286 when i first saw it in elementary school. (fast processor, great resolution, and i could finally forget all the tape related nightmares)
I'm as calm as a synth without a player.  (Sam_Zen)

Louigi Verona

Hello Novus!
Nice to hear from you!
I personally would welcome the project. Did a very small scale thing of that sort myself here:

http://www.louigiverona.com/?page=projects&s=misc&t=modlist

Novus

Quote from: Louigi Verona on September 03, 2012, 06:11:46
Hello Novus!
Nice to hear from you!
I personally would welcome the project. Did a very small scale thing of that sort myself here:

http://www.louigiverona.com/?page=projects&s=misc&t=modlist

Nice list! I just grabbed a few artists off of your list and added them to mine. :)
And no, I'm not back, whatever the hell "back" means. :)
novusmusic.org

Novus

Quote from: Saga Musix on August 23, 2012, 21:35:54
Quote from: Novus on August 23, 2012, 20:35:24
He also had a disk with strip poker on it, but I don't think I was supposed to know about that. I was only brave enough to play it once. ::) I also remember how pissed Mom was when she found the disc. ;D
That's the most epic paragraph of this whole thread so far.

I know, right? :D
novusmusic.org

Novus

Might as well give an update... still compiling a consideration list, and still downloading, and still listening to songs whenever I get the chance. Got a lot going on in my life, but I try to at least do some downloading every week.

My goal is to wrap up my consideration list within the next week or two (it's already ridiculously long, but I want to make sure I don't miss any worthy candidates!), then steadily burn though downloading songs from Modland, and then just go on a listening binge for a while when I'm done downloading songs. If all goes well, I may even post up Tracker #100 on my website in December 2012 or January 2013 and go from there. :)
novusmusic.org

Louigi Verona

Goodie! Do keep us updated, I should then link to your collection, surely!

uncloned

Hi Novus,

Is Betrayer on your list? If not you may want to consider him. He created some awesome metal mods in the 90s when he was hanging out at the original CastleX and then Modplug when Kim was involved.

Chris

DanH

Hi Folx,

For me the Tracked Works Samplers by MAZ would be a good starting point
(even if it isn't known who is still tracking...)

as far as i know MAZ put together a large group of listeners to rate thousands of modules
and the top x (1000?) made it on the samplers,
i know of '98 and 2000 (got them both) maybe there was one in 97 too, or later?

My favs are Chris Jarvis, Wayfinder, Melcom, perhaps Nebularia and the whole Level-D group ...
And don't forget Rob Hubbard...

but this really depends, ob man über Geschmack streiten kann und darf oder nicht

And i know there are many more important others out there (than the ca. 250 i heard of)
who regularily released stuff and another lot more guys like me, working some normal job,
having some songs on their own website but never released...

Daniel