Select multiple channels for exporting

Started by sso, November 12, 2012, 01:07:12

Previous topic - Next topic

sso

have you ever thought about making it possible just use the mouse to select a group of notes and then leftclick to select record?

a part of a channel or many, but only the notes you select.

Saga Musix

Right now the quickest way to select multiple channels at once would be the channel manager, but your idea is simple and elegant. It could even be extended to the other channel header properties like mute/reset/etc. as well. I'll think about it.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

sso

thanks that would be awesome.

create a melody, effect it, bounce it and replace it with a wav. leaving the processor free for some extra vsti´s or whatnot. making one able to create complex sounds with the effects and no putting in numbers for hours.

also, thought it would be really cool if you could record and play with the effects at the same time? perhaps bit too inane.

Saga Musix

Reading your reply there, I think we might not be talking about the same thing at all. I was assuming you were talking about Channel Recording, but now it sounds more like you are talking about Rendering to Wave. Which one is true?
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

sso

now im not sure what you are talking about lol.

i meant recording to wav, within the channel, being able to select a group of notes with the mouse, and record to wav, within the editor itself. (where you input the notes.)

if not that, then what did you think i was talking about? :)

Saga Musix

I am talking about the feature linked in the article and that is actually consistently called Recording throughout the whole application: Recording notes, i.e. entering musical data into a pattern, either through the computer keyboard or a MIDI device. What you are talking about is usually called Rendering or Exporting to WAV. In this context, your suggestion is all but new, and has already been suggested either in the old feature request sub forum or the issue tracker.

sso

hmm, to be clear (toired last night.)

i meant

in the channel editor, where you put in the notes, if you could rightclick select some notes with your mouse, leftclick the selection and get the menu up, select record, voila, notes recorded.

i think im clearer now, lol, but you probably got me allready.

and in that case, the elegant simple solution was all yours. :) (and im not getting what it is, not genius enough to see it. :D)

on that note, thanks alot for modplugtracker, and i mean ALOT. many a fine evening has been made thanks to it. (you. :))

as in Wow, thanks. fuck yeah! :D