7.1-speaker System

Started by Really Weird Person, October 21, 2012, 23:24:45

Previous topic - Next topic

Really Weird Person

I reloaded my computer from a hard drive failure. It had two drives in a RAID 0 configuration, but it now has three hard drives in a RAID 5 configuration. I am contemplating getting a 7.1-speaker system for it. Does anyone know where I can get a high-quality 7.1 computer speaker system (as I don't see a need for a home theater system and it will be in my bedroom, which has limited space)? I have a 5.1-speaker system (by Logitech) (a brand of various products that I highly recommend) set up (I think that the model that I have is different than that one though.), but I would like to upgrade to a 7.1-speaker system. It seems that Logitech doesn't make 7.1-speaker systems. The closest that I see there is a headset (which I have) that simulates it. It would mostly be used for Chex Quest (which is an extremely fun game, by the way) (and because my computer supports it), but it would probably still sound good with ModPlug Tracker anyway (aside from playing Chex Quest).

LPChip

I own a Creative Gigaworks S750, which is 7.1 surround, but it seems creative too stopped making 7.1 surround speaker sets. If you can find one somewhere, I highly recommend it.

Do note, that the initial sound will suck, but tweaking it using the bass/treble and your soundcard EQ can give this baby super sound. When I play a movie now, its like I'm in a cinema. And thats not just my opinion. Everyone who comes to my place says so, even KrazyKatz ;)
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Really Weird Person

I have a question Do you have any ideas about why ModPlug Tracker would not show up in the volume mixer as a valid audio source and how I can fix it? This is extremely inconvenient when either making new songs that I don't already know the length of or when recording. Typically, I simply mute any instances of ModPlug Tracker that are playing audio and unmute them after the other task is completed. However, with it not being treated as a valid audio device, I need to either stop the audio or close the playing instance or instances before starting the other task.

Really Weird Person

I found the problem. Disregard the previous post.