[Trance] Heaven (it/ogg)

Started by Saga Musix, August 20, 2012, 22:46:27

Previous topic - Next topic

Saga Musix

Fast-made trance for the tiny tracking music compo at Evoke 2012, which, for some reason, won the compo. Inspired by Heaven by Audioplacid (to be precise, by the breakdown part). Same tools as always: OpenMPT, AN1x, D-50, VEC 4, kb6. Enjoy.

Download

Download lo-fi 64kb party version
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Anforium

That was excellent! I really liked some of the lead sounds.

mrvegas

Pretty cool.  (I did actually listen to the .it version.)  Note that the player on your website doesn't seem to be working.

It's good to see someone actually post a module on modplug.

EDIT:  OK, I guess that's not really fair, a fair number of others have posted them recently too.

Saga Musix

Thanks for the listen!

Quote from: mrvegas on August 24, 2012, 02:42:43
Note that the player on your website doesn't seem to be working.
It works with any HTML5-enabled browser with Ogg Vorbis support. I certainly won't transcode my files to mp3 for lesser browsers, it's absolutely not worth the effort.

Quote from: mrvegas on August 24, 2012, 02:42:43
EDIT:  OK, I guess that's not really fair, a fair number of others have posted them recently too.
The number is still far too low, and I am still thinking about requiring people to upload modules (alongside their rendered mp3s/oggs) on the modplug download central revival project.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

mrvegas

On the HTML-5 Ogg Vorbis thing - I certainly respect that. Which browser should I be using?

I am fairly ashamed to admit that in the past few years I have reverted to a fairly normal computer user, so I guess Internet Explorer won't do it?

(And this is from someone whose first computer was an IBM XT with two 5 1/4 inch floppy drives and no hard drive.)

Saga Musix

Any of the "other" browsers should work - that is, Firefox, Opera or Chrome / Iron. I don't think that Microsoft ever supported Ogg Vorbis in any of their products, including WMP.
And it's not like that there would be a big difference in browsers these days anyway - they all just copy the worst UI bits of each other (IMHO), so that they all become worse with every release - with IE it's just a lot slower due to the long release cycle. ;)

Rakib

^^

dBlues

Nice melodies in place here, very resonating leads indeed. Rewarding listen overall, you did it quick so let's leave it at that :)
Strive for excellence, not perfection.

Saga Musix

I'm glad you enjoyed this tune despite (or because?) of the short production time.