[Demostyle/Electro]Something New (by LPChip & Yarron Katz)

Started by LPChip, August 04, 2012, 20:29:33

Previous topic - Next topic

LPChip

Something New
While KrazyKatz had his annual holiday (doctors orders) to the Netherlands, he stayed at my place. It was only logical that they'd make music.

The result is Something New. Something neither KrazyKatz nor I would guess to be the result.

So logically when they thought about all these crazy names for the song, Something New came up.

"Awesome, save" were the final words for this song!

© 2012 LPChip and Yarron "KrazyKatz" Katz

You can download this song here.
You can stream this song through YouTube.

Enjoy, and feedback is appreciated (and a like on youtube would also be nice if you have a youtube account.)
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

psishock

Had to be so much fun, im jelly of you guize. :)

Its nice to hear that you could sync yourself just within a few days. I could recognize the who took part of the drums and who in the bass right away, both of you got you unique style in it. Its a definite KatzLP-ish composition, thus something new for us, for sure. Only wish that you had more time to develop more details and twists to it.

I can imagine the situation, Katz arriving late night with the plane, taking a calming shower and wanting to have have a peaceful good night sleep in the guest room... suddenly LP bursting through the door and shouting:
I'm as calm as a synth without a player.  (Sam_Zen)

Saga Musix

Very nice tune with a bit of progrock here and there. Well done.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

LPChip

LOL @ Psishock.

Haha, thanks both of you. :) Yeah it definitely has some progrock in this. :)
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

nims

Hey Guys, nice to hear your work from the holliday. I really like the song and I recognize the LP sound ;). Also the Katz influence is there :). Cool tune!

LPChip

Thanks Nims. :)

Yeah, it turned out really great. We both like the song a lot as well and are glad we did it. It was a great experience and we both learned a lot from it musicwise too.

mrvegas

Great song!  Always sounds more alive when people are working together.

LPChip

dBlues

Interesting listen, nice level of liveliness, something always going on to keep the ears following.
Background pads are cool. You can click 'save' now :)
Strive for excellence, not perfection.

LPChip