create an acapella

Started by Shadow94, August 18, 2012, 16:50:38

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadow94

is it easier to create a acapella from a .mp3 song?

LPChip

"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Saga Musix

Uhm yeah, what are you actually up to? OpenMPT is not an audio editor to edit your mp3 files and create a capellas from them or whatever (not that it would be possible to create an a capella from a full track anyway). OpenMPT is a tool to write your own music, and if you want to write an a capella, you will have to record your voice and load it as a sample into OpenMPT. :P
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Shadow94

Quote from: Saga Musix on August 18, 2012, 19:34:07
Uhm yeah, what are you actually up to? OpenMPT is not an audio editor to edit your mp3 files and create a capellas from them or whatever (not that it would be possible to create an a capella from a full track anyway). OpenMPT is a tool to write your own music, and if you want to write an a capella, you will have to record your voice and load it as a sample into OpenMPT. :P

actually, i want to extract the vocals from a song. i am not sure if it works in Audacity, but i think it does.

Saga Musix

This is not the audacity support forum. And no, it is not possible for the same reason as I explained in your other thread - in some cases (if the vocals are dead-centre), you can extract the vocals from the mid signal, but that will not only give you the vocals but also drums and bass, because bass drum, bass line and other things are usually mixed dead-centre as well. As soon as there is for example a stereo chorus or something on the vocals, it won't work anymore, or at least not as well.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.