Beginner question about Channel FX

Started by orly, August 18, 2012, 15:10:00

Previous topic - Next topic

orly

Hi!
I'm new to tracking (I tried just renoise before modplug), and I started to read the manual.
Before I continue, I am in doubt about one thing.
If I understand correctly:
1) I have to select with a Channel FX the parameter I want to change before changing it
2) I have only 1 Channel FX for line.

So for example, if i want to make a sample slide its pitch AND change cutoff at the same time I can't?
Or, if I want to change a parameter right after changing another one, I can't?

LPChip

If you deal with samples, then the answer is yes.

The effects column (I verified this with you on IRC) can only hold one effect. There are some effects that combine 2 effects in one, AND you can have a limited support on the volume command.

Since you talk about pitchbending, you can pitch bend from the volume command using e and f. Which leads the effects column free to change the cutoff. This does mean you cannot use the volume for actually changing the volume though.

If you're working with VST instruments, you can use any channel to change its parameters. You just need to assign the plugin directly to that channel, and before you change the value using Zxx, you have to set SFx to the appropriate macro.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

orly