still having those random crashes even with a wave out device!!!

Started by moltres_rider, August 05, 2012, 19:08:22

Previous topic - Next topic

moltres_rider

I just experienced yet another random crash dealing with samples!!! but my soundcard settings are set to use a wave out device!!! just like I was told to in the issue tracker!!! still continuing to experience the issue!!!

Saga Musix

And how exactly, sir, are we supposed to help you now?
You didn't describe what you are doing.
You didn't provide a crash dump, which the program generates if it crashes.
It doesn't work that way.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

psishock

ara ara ara, program crashed... doushio?? ...Me knows! Lets post a lots of kaputtal onez on the forumz, that will halp for sure!
I'm as calm as a synth without a player.  (Sam_Zen)

moltres_rider

why are you messing with my post??? that is not nice to tease!!! I DID NOT type all that!!!

Saga Musix

You are just making it worse. Hint: There is no need to put more than one exclamation mark or question mark at the end of a sentence. It just makes your posts look more ridiculous than they already are. Until you understood that, the word replacement will stay enabled.
Another hint: The issue tracker is only a place to report issues with OpenMPT, not with the forum, website or anything else. Abusing the issue tracker as you just did just brings you one step closer to another ban.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

moltres_rider

I don't put 3 exclamation marks to be shouting... I type everything in three's... exclamation marks, question marks, periods... just check out a whole year's worth of my Facebook statuses... it's is my typing style... but you wouldn't be able to see my stauses because of my privacy settings...

Saga Musix

Multiple exclamation marks, just like writing ALL-CAPS is interpreted as shouting on the internet. If you don't mean doesn't change that fact, so just let it be. And no, I'm not interested in reading people's Facebook status. And you still haven't answered the questions from the second post.

moltres_rider

Quote from: Saga Musix on August 06, 2012, 13:41:09
Multiple exclamation marks, just like writing ALL-CAPS is interpreted as shouting on the internet. If you don't mean doesn't change that fact, so just let it be. And no, I'm not interested in reading people's Facebook status. And you still haven't answered the questions from the second post.

where can I find the crash dump?? does it generate one for a program freeze type of crash??

Saga Musix

Quote from: moltres_rider on August 06, 2012, 19:41:00
does it generate one for a program freeze type of crash??
Now what, did it freeze or crash? That's not the same thing at all! If OpenMPT crashes, it shows a dialog with the location of the crash dump (it's located in the temporary folder, sub folder "OpenMPT Crash Files"); If it freezes, it obviously can't create a dump because it's still running, however you can create a dump of a frozen program if you do as described in this post.

moltres_rider

I thought "freeze" & "crash" were the same thing! in that case it was freezing...