vst import bug or intentional changes?

Started by psishock, August 02, 2012, 02:35:53

Previous topic - Next topic

psishock

Hey Jojo,

Did you changed something by accident/intentionally that breaks some of the vsts in the recent ompt (1.20.02.00)? I cant add SideKickv3 for instance anymore, it always says:
I'm as calm as a synth without a player.  (Sam_Zen)

LPChip

Are you perhaps trying to add an x64 version of a plugin, while you also have the x86 version? I had this problem with Alchemy. I installed the x64 version and was unable to get it to work. Not just not in OpenMPT, but in Chainer as well. Installing the x86 version worked though.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Saga Musix

There's no 64-Bit version of SideKick v3. The plugin in question work perfectly here, though.
However, SideKick v3 must always only ever run in one host instance, so if you for example have SideKick v3 loaded in another instance of OpenMPT (or Renoise or whatever), you won't be able to use it in a new instance of OpenMPT. This is a limitation of the plugin, not OpenMPT.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

psishock

Quote from: Saga Musix on August 02, 2012, 13:04:37However, SideKick v3 must always only ever run in one host instance, so if you for example have SideKick v3 loaded in another instance of OpenMPT (or Renoise or whatever), you won't be able to use it in a new instance of OpenMPT. This is a limitation of the plugin, not OpenMPT.
I was aware of this Jojo from the day i sarted using it. But on my side the plugin still doesnt work in ompt now. xD

Anyway, ill try a couple of different stuff when i get home and report how it goes. Ill change to different ompt versions perhaps, because i know that it worked for me with older ones.

Saga Musix

Did you just reinstall Windows? I just remembered that when I reinstalled Windows, the plugin also stopped working for me, but that wasn't the fault of OpenMPT, because the Visual C++ runtime was not installed. You need MSVCR71.DLL to run SideKick v3, this file doesn't come preinstalled with Windows!
If you have other plugins that don't load, it's a good idea to download Dependency Walker and open the DLL file in question with it - if it reports that any dependencies (like MSVCR71.DLL) are missing, you need to get those first before using the plugin. "Warning: At least one delay-load dependency module was not found." is usually not a problem, though, from my experience there are often two delay-loaded modules that do not exist but the plugin will still run. It's much more important that all modules on the first level of the tree are found, as otherwise the DLL cannot be loaded.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

psishock

Quote from: Saga Musix on August 02, 2012, 15:15:51
Did you just reinstall Windows?
better than that. Gave my old PC to my sisters, moved to another coutry and bought a crappy laptop (temporary solution). But yea, this could just be the source of the problem, they shipped it with Win7 home edition and i really dont think they installed any additional runtimes at all. I'll surely try this at home, thanks mate.

Rakib

Congratulations with the move, where do you live now?
^^

psishock

works like a charm.

@Rakib:
In Canada, i live near Edmonton. That's why i haven't composed any new stuff over 1-2 year now. Needed to solve my life issues, and starting a new one seemed to be a good and refreshing idea at a time. :)

Saga Musix

psishock

Quote from: Saga Musix on August 03, 2012, 00:10:25How many extra lives left?
i cheat when i have to, so basically as much as i need to succeed. :D

Saga Musix

LPChip

Quote from: psishock on August 03, 2012, 00:17:36
Quote from: Saga Musix on August 03, 2012, 00:10:25How many extra lives left?
i cheat when i have to, so basically as much as i need to succeed. :D
Quote from: Saga Musix on August 03, 2012, 12:03:29
But that's... Cheating! :o

Uh, yeah, thats what he said??? :P

Did you cheat by adding one life, or did you just used godmode?
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

psishock

Quote from: LPChip on August 03, 2012, 12:27:07godmode
o god no. That would involve listening to people's whining all day long and dealing with the everlasting line of dead ones, sorting them out, etc. Even nowadays with updated high tech gear, like networks, servers and digital data mining tools, processing all this crap is still surely tiresome. Thank god Google is taking some of these issues to off the shoulder with their world wide botnet.

But adding an extra life here and there over some time doesnt seems to hurt anyone in the process. :)

Rakib

Ah, working in tech support. Seems like a dream job.
^^

Harbinger

Well, congrats, psishock. I was wondering why we haven't heard anything from you in a while and just figured you moved to another forum to call home, seein' that you've kind of "evolved" from MPT. I'm anxious to hear some of your new stuff after a little existential seasoning (experience with RL), and i still regularly listen to what you consider your old stuff -- "Royal" (the original cut), "Nullity", etc.

Now that you're in Canada, i thought you were from the Balkans? Are you now a Canadian citizen (or on the way), or were you never European, and i totally misunderstood your origins?  :P