Polyphony

Started by snowball, April 09, 2006, 12:05:30

Previous topic - Next topic

snowball

Hi. When sequencing vsti in patterns just one note per step ar heard. How to fix it and make chords? Thanks.

LPChip

Use more columns :)

If you use more columns and you still only hear one voice at a time, then perhaps your sound in your VSTi is set to monopoly, and will not produce 2 sounds.

If you just want that your note isn't being cut by a previous note, you can set a different NNA (New Note Action) from the instrument tab. For instance, set it to note-off or note-continue.

Note continue will keep playing the note regarding the new note. (if it loops, it can become a mess, so be cautioned with this one)

note-off will release the note with sustain when the next note is being played.

note-cut which is the default will cut the note, atleast when using samples. Not sure if it works with VSTi's too...
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

rewbs

Quoteyour VSTi is set to monopoly
Nooo!!! Your VSTi is set to take over the world!! :D
He means your VSTi might be monophonic, in which case you'll need multiple instances to create chords.

To confirm LP's point, with VSTi the note-cut NNA behaves like note-off (i.e. the instrument's release will be played, if it has one). There is no concept of a reliable per-voice note-cut in MIDI.

Squirrel Havoc

Quote from: "rewbs"
Nooo!!! Your VSTi is set to take over the world!! :D.

Totally OT, but you guys are better than any TV show I have seen. You always make me laugh my ass off
Anyone can do anything if they have nothing else to do
-
Most musicians are talented. I'm just determined.

LPChip

Quote from: "Squirrel Havoc"
Quote from: "rewbs"
Nooo!!! Your VSTi is set to take over the world!! :D.

Totally OT, but you guys are better than any TV show I have seen. You always make me laugh my ass off

Haha, can you imagine how hard I have to laugh sometimes.. Note, I don't make these typo's on purpose, but then again, english isn't my native language either :)

Nevertheless, Rewbs, continue to put me in the ground... They love it :lol:
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs