Gxx with different samples in IT?

Started by SuperSega, July 29, 2012, 07:07:55

Previous topic - Next topic

SuperSega

it seems like when working on an IT project, using Gxx between instruments with different samples retriggers the notes but on an XM project 3XX never retriggers the notes even between different samples, anyway to curb this behaviour?

Saga Musix

I am not sure what your problem is. Yes, the two formats work differently. Are you working with the IT format and want XM behaviour (hint: try the Compatible Gxx setting) or are you working with the XM format and want IT behaviour? Switching between samples using portamento is not possible in the XM format. And in the IT format it can be dangerous because OpenMPT does not fully emulate IT's behaviour there.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

SuperSega

oh wow, i didn't realize, you're right. for some reason i thought that XM could do that but I think i was confusing different instruments with different samples. sorry, cheers! It's just the way xm doesn't change the sample when you use portamento but IT does that threw me off.

Techno.Jon

I don't know if this is helpful, but in .it, if you clear the instrument column next to the in the note next to the Gxx, it won't retrigger the instrument with a new sample.
"It's all fun and games until someone creates a thermonuclear toaster."