Bxx effects borked?

Started by Techno.Jon, July 30, 2012, 20:17:54

Previous topic - Next topic

Techno.Jon

Hello again,
I just played back a few modules with Bxx pattern jump effects and none of them worked.  Is this borked in the new version or something?  I didn't see anything about it in the changelog.
"It's all fun and games until someone creates a thermonuclear toaster."

Saga Musix

My crystal ball was unable to find out which module you were trying to play back, so I cannot really say why it doesn't work in that particular module.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Techno.Jon

Sorry.  I first did it with "ko0x_-_dancing_in_slow_motion.xm," it didn't work, so I tried one of my own modules, "tj_pyramid_chip.it," and it again just ended the song.  I went and started testing modules I thought had the effect, and they havn't been working, I'm currently on "sonic.xm."  No functioning loop so far.  I've checked through all the settings to see if I've accidentally checked something somewhere, but nothing is changed that seems like it would influence this effect.  As I said before, I checked  in the history.txt for hints as well.

Saga Musix

Quoteit didn't work
Quoteand it again just ended the song
That's two different things. You have "Loop Song" disabled. Enable it from the General Tab.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Techno.Jon

Well that's odd.  I have to check repeat song for Bxx to work?  This is new, yes?  I never had to do it in the old version.  Well, thanks, that got it working :-)

Saga Musix

No, you have to check "Repeat Song" in order to make your song repeat itself - That's purely logical. And of course jumping to a position that has not been played yet using Bxx is always possible. But the Bxx effect in the examples you have given is used to jump to a position that has already been played (it is used to loop the song). I know that really old versions of OpenMPT didn't do this (they only stopped playing if the song returned to order 0), but that is far from logical and is thus not happening anymore; "Loop Song" will now always stop the song if it detects that it's looping.